Spence-Garcia PBC Confirmed FOX PPV March 16

cannon.jpg Robert Garcia will be using one of these to launch a white towel as fast as possible.

Not really

He did beat Salido when he was still competitive but then after that who else did he beat that makes his resume p4p?

Lipinets and Zlacatin had no prior title defenses, the Easter win was a good one, probably his best win since Martinez, some would say Broner but Broner IMO is a glorified gate keeper at this point, it is true that his opposition hasnt been all that great
eh, he does. He's actually beaten most of the names in the divisions he's fought in as well as dominated super fights going up in weight. He's beaten more relevant names than Lomachenko or Crawford have, just not with enough regularity. He also beat the guy who beat the current P4Per, a fresher version at that.

eh, he does. He's actually beaten most of the names in the divisions he's fought in as well as dominated super fights going up in weight. He's beaten more relevant names than Lomachenko or Crawford have, just not with enough regularity. He also beat the guy who beat the current P4Per, a fresher version at that.

Salido vs Loma was an ugly and close fight, there wasnt a clear winner in that one

And wasnt it you who questioned Garcia for “quitting” against Salido?

Salido vs Loma was an ugly and close fight, there wasnt a clear winner in that one

And wasnt it you who questioned Garcia for “quitting” against Salido?
I will always be skeptical of Garcia's grit, but he was clearly a better prepared fighter vs Salido than Lomachenko was.

{<huh}Garcia has a deeper resume than the guys ranked 1 and 2 P4P.
What’s deep about it? Broner he ain’t even washed up he is a never was, lipinets a kickboxer paper champ or maybe Easter who’s had what 15-20 fights, I think dejan is his best win

{<huh}Garcia has a deeper resume than the guys ranked 1 and 2 P4P.
Just to add, loma in 12 fights beat Walters who gave donair his first lost, russel jr who is no joke rigo and linares who Mikey should of fought def better scalps and then you got Crawford who arguably has a better resume as well

Just to add, loma in 12 fights beat Walters who gave donair his first lost, russel jr who is no joke rigo and linares who Mikey should of fought def better scalps and then you got Crawford who arguably has a better resume as well
Walters was nothing special. He had 0 significant wins other than a couple of blown up shot bantamweights and looked like garbage in 2 fights before Lomachenko would even fight him. Russel jr too. What are his accomplishments as a pro?
Crawfords best wins are Lamont Peterson, Gamboa and Horn. He hasn't fought anyone he wasn't greatly favored to beat.

Garcia has fought nothing but world class competition in title fights since 2013. He beat the guy that beat the guy people call the best. Beat other guys that guy beat too.

Nonito lost his 2nd fight. And to Rigo famously before being washed up and losing bad to Walters. Loma's best win is vs Linares, and Garcias is probably his masterclass over Salido. Both wins are solid, but I wouldn't call either guys resume deep tbh.

Walters was nothing special. He had 0 significant wins other than a couple of blown up shot bantamweights and looked like garbage in 2 fights before Lomachenko would even fight him. Russel jr too. What are his accomplishments as a pro?
Crawfords best wins are Lamont Peterson, Gamboa and Horn. He hasn't fought anyone he wasn't greatly favored to beat.

Garcia has fought nothing but world class competition in title fights since 2013. He beat the guy that beat the guy people call the best. Beat other guys that guy beat too.
Who is world class? Gamboa was a beast before he lost to Crawford, check his resume before his lost to Crawford, nobody wanted to fight that kid, don’t get me wrong I like Garcia and respect his craft but to say he has fought people he wasn’t heavily favored to win and to say his opposition was all world class is false

Nonito lost his 2nd fight. And to Rigo famously before being washed up and losing bad to Walters. Loma's best win is vs Linares, and Garcias is probably his masterclass over Salido. Both wins are solid, but I wouldn't call either guys resume deep tbh.
I can respect that, just a side note on loma for me is in his first 12 fights he had decent opposition, I can’t think of anyone in the first 12 fights of their career who had a better start

I can respect that, just a side note on loma for me is in his first 12 fights he had decent opposition, I can’t think of anyone in the first 12 fights of their career who had a better start
I think that's a big factor. Who had Mikey Garcia fought in his first 12 fights? Mikey fought a bunch of bums for his first 12. Most of them had losing records. Lomachenko has done amazing for just 12 fights. Yeah he took a loss in his 2nd fight but even that is controversial as hell.

Who is world class? Gamboa was a beast before he lost to Crawford, check his resume before his lost to Crawford, nobody wanted to fight that kid, don’t get me wrong I like Garcia and respect his craft but to say he has fought people he wasn’t heavily favored to win and to say his opposition was all world class is false

Gamboa has generally been considered a disappointment. The only thing that keeps Garcia off that P4P list is his bouts of inactivity.

That size difference lmao

1067206042.jpg.1542153010.jpg
Mikey should say fuck it and fight Lennox.

I think that's a big factor. Who had Mikey Garcia fought in his first 12 fights? Mikey fought a bunch of bums for his first 12. Most of them had losing records. Lomachenko has done amazing for just 12 fights. Yeah he took a loss in his 2nd fight but even that is controversial as hell.
I don't think it is. So what that he was given a title fight he didn't earn against someone who was lesser than people he fought before turning pro? In the next breath, you'll excuse his cluelessness against Salido because he was inexperienced as a pro.

I agree plus making a bunch of them in a row quit on the stool, it’s pretty extraordinary and all bullshit aside he had solido out on his feet in the 12th if the ref was compotant solido should of lost points for the continuous low blows

I don't think it is. So what that he was given a title fight he didn't earn against someone who was lesser than people he fought before turning pro? In the next breath, you'll excuse his cluelessness against Salido because he was inexperienced as a pro.

I agree plus making a bunch of them in a row quit on the stool, it’s pretty extraordinary and all bullshit aside he had solido out on his feet in the 12th if the ref was compotant solido should of lost points for the continuous low blows

Salido cheated big time and the ref let him. Even then Lomachenko came really close to stopping him in the final round. And yes @Seano Lomachenko was clueless as to what to do against the low blows but low blows aren't an acceptable way of winning a fight last time I checked. Salido got real fucking lucky. Let not pretend his 'win' was anything other than a fluke as he could never manage to repeat it in a million years.

Without a doubt, Loma has been outstanding for a guy with 12 fights. He has proven to be what we hoped so far, tbh if he decides 135lbs is where he wanted to stay, there's a possibility we'll never see him lose again. Him and Mikey is the fight we all want, Loma might very well win that fight, and at that point who could argue his excellence and P4P status? but I wonder if Mikey will really come back down to fight him, and whether him and Garcia fight or not, I see no other threat around 130-135lbs, all guys who are about the same quality of fighter he's already beaten and I'm not sure 140 is somewhere Loma can go with as much success. Maybe we just started asking too much of the guy, he's like Klits... not enough options out there for him in his era. You have Davis at 130, and Garcia at 135 maybe. He should say fuck it, and go the Hopkins route. 20+ defenses or something, and build a legacy, and unlike Hopkins he is pretty entertaining for hardcore fans and casuals alike.

I mean, Team Garcia made it pretty clear that they didn't want the Lomachenko fight anytime soon. At the earliest a year from now and even that's a maybe. I also never accused him of ducking even though I do believe he's stalling at the least with what his brother/trainer said. There's a long list of opponents Mikey could've fought over the years so it isn't like he has no track record of big fights that never happened for some reason or another.
I think a Spence fight is just as big.

Salido cheated big time and the ref let him. Even then Lomachenko came really close to stopping him in the final round. And yes @Seano Lomachenko was clueless as to what to do against the low blows but low blows aren't an acceptable way of winning a fight last time I checked. Salido got real fucking lucky. Let not pretend his 'win' was anything other than a fluke as he could never manage to repeat it in a million years.
Only have to win once...lol

What’s deep about it? Broner he ain’t even washed up he is a never was, lipinets a kickboxer paper champ or maybe Easter who’s had what 15-20 fights, I think dejan is his best win
Garcia has just fought more good fighters than either of them. More ranked guys, more champs. Beat Salido.... In order the make them better people have to put weird criteria on it, like having a good promoter.

Back