Spence-Garcia PBC Confirmed FOX PPV March 16

How do I make no sense when your telling me it’s more rational to fight the Boogeyman of a division 2 weight classes north to duck a smaller guy at a smaller weight. Mikey has said time again why the fight didn’t happen and why he chose not to wait till summer, if you just want to be biased towards your guy that’s fine. As a nerd i’ll give everyone props when it’s due.
Ok let me ask you a question. In your honest opinion do you think Mikey Garcia can beat Spence?

And what do you mean wait until summer? Lomas next fight is in April that could have been Garcia. That's only a month after Garcia fights Spence. So you are telling me he couldn't wait one month to make a fight with Loma? BS

Last edited:
Ok let me ask you a question. In your honest opinion do you think Mikey Garcia can beat Spence?

Spence has nothing to do with this your talking about Loma. Im the guy everyone is throwing subs at remember? Because im cheering for Mikey and believe in his tools, but as the fight gets closer it’s more doubful since they’ve been bringing up money so i don’t know which Mikey is showing up. Does he have the tools and is the better boxer? Yes but will he have the power for Spence to respect him and get him through far enough? Probably not .

But against Loma, yeah he has a good chance, and they’re more on even terms. It doesn’t make sense he’s ducking a potential Decision loss to Loma to go and most likely get wrecked and walk away with life changing injuries against Spence. If anything it should be the other way around, fight Loma at my best avoiding injuries, leave Spence for last so I can cash out if anything.

If anything it should be the other way around, fight Loma at my best avoiding injuries, leave Spence for last so I can cash out if anything.
he wouldn't be getting the spence fight if lomachenko owned him first. why the fuck would spence be fighting a guy that just got clowned 2 weight classes down?

if he gets beaten by spence, he can still negotiate a fight with lomachenko, since everyone will just assume spence beat the shit out of him because he was that much bigger. which is what is going to happen, actually.

he wouldn't be getting the spence fight if lomachenko owned him first. why the fuck would spence be fighting a guy that just got clowned 2 weight classes down?

if he gets beaten by spence, he can still negotiate a fight with lomachenko, since everyone will just assume spence beat the shit out of him because he was that much bigger. which is what is going to happen, actually.

That’s if you think Loma will own him, I think it’s 50/50 with Garcia having a good chance landing the right, I see what you mean if he loses but loosing to Loma wouldn’t hurt him much he’d bounce back fight again and people will assume it was the style matchup, he can go up and make some noise considering his size flexibility, and I don’t think he gets a clinic it’s a competitive fight when you pair up their skills.

It might make some sense business-wise but as a fighter to get permanently damaged and go around taking more punishment being a shadow of what you once were and having Brook as an example is not wise. A lot of fans can give 2 fucks less but fighters can see what I mean and that’s what deep down is tormenting Robert and Big G

Spence has nothing to do with this your talking about Loma. Im the guy everyone is throwing subs at remember? Because im cheering for Mikey and believe in his tools, but as the fight gets closer it’s more doubful since they’ve been bringing up money so i don’t know which Mikey is showing up. Does he have the tools and is the better boxer? Yes but will he have the power for Spence to respect him and get him through far enough? Probably not .

But against Loma, yeah he has a good chance, and they’re more on even terms. It doesn’t make sense he’s ducking a potential Decision loss to Loma to go and most likely get wrecked and walk away with life changing injuries against Spence. If anything it should be the other way around, fight Loma at my best avoiding injuries, leave Spence for last so I can cash out if anything.
OK well we have different opinions based on how we see Mikey's chances vs. Loma. I think Loma beats him and I believe that Mikey also thinks Loma can beat him. As I said we'll find out after the Spence fight what he does. But as you said he could have fought Loma first to avoid getting injured but he didn't.

Mikey's a smart guy who sat out for two years to improve his career. He's not going to take this fight if he doesn't think he's got a chance.

I have no idea what he sees though.

That's how I feel. Mikey's no idiot. He wouldn't take this without a good reason.

But in every single way, he looks like the true underdog to me.

when Canelo fought Smith at Cowboys Stadium I had to arrive early for my friends fighting on the prelims

Larry "Slomoshun" Smith and Roberto Marroquin (not sure why that fight didnt take place)

but i dont know anyone on this card, i will probably be walking around the arena a good while enjoying the amenities and running into friends

I'm a huge Spence fan, but objectively the man is a beast. It's a curious decision by Mikey, tho. Why fight this monster when you can cut the weight and fight a great fighter in Loma instead? I think he'd have a much better chance in that fight, imo. Spence will murder him, the guy is a giant 147 and a savage to boot. Mikey's a great fighter, but he's losing his 0 here. Biting off more than he can chew..
If (when) Mikey gets obliterated by Spence, no one will think he should have won anyways.

If he loses to a smaller guy in Loma it will really knock his career/legacy down.

Having a hard time seeing how Mikey wins this, but I'm sure he will put up a good fight.

The big problem for Mikey is while it’s a 2 class jump on paper, in reality it’s more like a 4 class jump. Mikey’s ideal weight is probably 130/135, while Spence looks like a natural 154/160 pounder. I can’t think of anyone who beat such odds. When Manny beat Oscar, Oscar was past his best. Same with an example like RJJ jumping up and beating Ruiz, he held belts at HW but was never the best fighter. Spence is young, in his prime, can do everything well and has bricks in his gloves....I like Mikey, but I just don’t see how this ends well for him.

The big problem for Mikey is while it’s a 2 class jump on paper, in reality it’s more like a 4 class jump. Mikey’s ideal weight is probably 130/135, while Spence looks like a natural 154/160 pounder
Maidana, Canelo, Oscar, Cotto and Ortiz probably had as much size on Floyd come fight night as Spence will have on Mikey. The only difference is Floyd was more used to fighting bigger opponents although I've heard Mikey spars with bigger fighters all the time.

The big problem for Mikey is while it’s a 2 class jump on paper, in reality it’s more like a 4 class jump. Mikey’s ideal weight is probably 130/135, while Spence looks like a natural 154/160 pounder. I can’t think of anyone who beat such odds. When Manny beat Oscar, Oscar was past his best. Same with an example like RJJ jumping up and beating Ruiz, he held belts at HW but was never the best fighter. Spence is young, in his prime, can do everything well and has bricks in his gloves....I like Mikey, but I just don’t see how this ends well for him.
He looked fine at 140 vs Broner.

Back