Spence-Garcia PBC Confirmed FOX PPV March 16

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/spence-garcia-announced-fox-ppv-march-16--133684

Spence-Garcia was targeted as a pay-per-view event since it gained traction this summer as a realistic possibility. Showtime was expected to distribute it, but FOX has acquired those rights as part of its new deal with Al Haymon’s PBC.

Showtime has televised each of Spence’s past three bouts. Haymon has assured FOX executives, however, that the best boxers he represents will fight on FOX or FOX Pay-Per-View in some instances.

PPV

Mikey Garcia 39-0 vs Errol Spence 24-0

David benavidez 20-0 vs j’leon Love 24-2-1

Luis nery 28-0 vs mcjoe arroyo 18-2

Chris Arreola 37-5-1 vs Jean Pierre augustin 17-0-1

FS1 prelims

Charles Martin 25-2-1 vs Gregory Corbin 15-0

Last edited:
I thought this was Danny Garcia and got all excited, before clicking and remembering that we're just talking about Mikey Garcia's pointless execution.

Just when I thought PPV boxing was over, now this

Its not PPV worthy IMO

wheres the idiot who made a thread about mikey garcia ducking people.

I cant wait for this fight. I think spence should be favored but garcia is no punk. He will bring it and it will be an entertaining fight

wheres the idiot who made a thread about mikey garcia ducking people.

I cant wait for this fight. I think spence should be favored but garcia is no punk. He will bring it and it will be an entertaining fight
I mean, Team Garcia made it pretty clear that they didn't want the Lomachenko fight anytime soon. At the earliest a year from now and even that's a maybe. I also never accused him of ducking even though I do believe he's stalling at the least with what his brother/trainer said. There's a long list of opponents Mikey could've fought over the years so it isn't like he has no track record of big fights that never happened for some reason or another.

What are the numbers required to make a ppv viable?

Depends on the promoter.

I just saw an article saying that the UFC has been able to negotiate the percentage of PPV revenue that goes to the cable/satellite/streaming providers down from 50 to 30. That means that they're still turning a profit on some of the low selling cards that we've seen recently despite the fact that the floor for PPV buys is much lower than it used to be.

I imagine that the industry standard of a 50/50 split still applies to promoters who don't run nearly as many PPV cards as the UFC does.

Last edited:
If you think this is not PPV worthy how are you considering yourself a boxing fan?
Subjectively this is an attractive fight but on paper, this is a no win fight for Spence, theres nothing at stake other than Spence’s belt and Garcia’s only accomplishments above 135 are winning a 140lb belt and a Broner win

The large majority here are predicting a beatdown from Spence which already isnt indicating a good sell

Why do you think this is a good PPV?

Last edited:
Subjectively this is an attractive fight but on paper, this is a no win fight for Spence, theres nothing at stake other than Spence’s belt and Garcia’s only accomplishments above 135 are winning a 140lb belt and a Broner win

The large majority here are predicting a beatdown from Spence which already isnt indicating a good sell

Why do you think this is a good PPV?

i honestly have no interests in belts only the skills and entertainment now. As vile as the mayweather mcgregor shit was, i watched it for entertainment value. You are right about your evaluation for this matchup, but garcia is a smart fighter and from a boxing fan perspective Im interested to see how it plays out.

The Bellew/Usyk fight went the same way, but no boxing fan can say they didnt respect Bellews efforts before being KO'd

i honestly have no interests in belts only the skills and entertainment now. As vile as the mayweather mcgregor shit was, i watched it for entertainment value. You are right about your evaluation for this matchup, but garcia is a smart fighter and from a boxing fan perspective Im interested to see how it plays out.

The Bellew/Usyk fight went the same way, but no boxing fan can say they didnt respect Bellews efforts before being KO'd

I didn't even see it. Damn, Bellew got floored? Wow, I had a feeling it would go that way.

Mikey has balls, he is A level, and he has world class help on his side.

I don't think he beats Spence, and I think Spence will look visibly bigger come fight night. I give the fight to Free Smoke, but anything can happen.

I didn't even see it. Damn, Bellew got floored? Wow, I had a feeling it would go that way.

Mikey has balls, he is A level, and he has world class help on his side.

I don't think he beats Spence, and I think Spence will look visibly bigger come fight night. I give the fight to Free Smoke, but anything can happen.
A good fighter can look A level fighting journeymen at best

they are both not big draws but they never will be without ppv exposure
boxing overall does not know how to promote these days an espn interview,video packages highlighting fighters upbringing and career goes along way for fans to care about them that are not die hard boxing fans

That size difference lmao

1067206042.jpg.1542153010.jpg

Back