Speculation on Ronda Rousey's future post UFC 207

HeavyHands20

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Every action has a reaction, therefore these are the options based on Friday night’s outcome.
Which set of circumstances does the Sherdog community see happening for Ronda Rousey?

Ronda gets finished in the 1st or 2nd round causing Ronda to retire and forever leave the sport.

Ronda loses by decision, takes some time off and dedicates herself to climbing the 135 ladder again for a potential title shot after a win or 2.

Ronda wins and walks off into the sunset, retiring as champion.

Ronda wins by decision and Nunes is granted an immediate rematch.

Ronda wins by submission or ko/tko opening the door for several possibilities

· Automatically gets a shot at the 145 belt and faces the winner of Holm/de Randamie

· Defends the 135 belt against the winner of Holm/de Randamie

· Defends the 135 belt against the winner of Pena/Shevchenko

Ronda wins via seoi nage w/ Amanda landing in row 16 behind Goldie.

- Brock destroys Travis Browne and in post fight speech takes Ronda as a second wife.

I think you can boil it down to either Ronda finishes Nunes and retires with the belt, or Nunes finishes Ronda and Ronda retires. I'd be surprised if she sticks around.

It may even be more likely that she chooses to fight again if she loses. This fight is probably happening because she doesn't want to go out on a loss.

I think she'll fight the winner of Juliana and Valentina if she wins.

Can't see this not being over inside 3 rounds.

If Ronda loses i don't think we'll ever see or hear from her again. Ever.

If she wins, this forum will be amazing

If Ronda loses she'll retire. If she wins she'll face the winner of Holm/GdR and then retire.

If it's Holm it will probably shatter the PPV record.

Personally, I see Ronda winning via submission in the 1st round.
Out of stubbornness, she will want another crack at Holly creating a superfight at 145.
This is best case scenario for the UFC, but requires alot of pieces to fall in the right place

People are gonna say she's mentally weak and running regardless. Is normal.

If she wins I think she takes one more fight, if she loses she's done for sure.

Out of stubbornness, she will want another crack at Holly creating a superfight at 145.

Perfect timing, even, with Cyborg failing a drug test, cuz no one will be able to hold it against Ronda that she's been "avoiding" Cyborg, only to go fight at 145 anyway.

Win or lose......she done!

Gonna spit some dark venum post fight if she wins

UFC/Dana are hoping she wins, Holm wins the 145 belt and they get their rematch so she can become a 2 weight champion. I think she would beat Holm second time around.

However all this is hearsay as she is going to lose to Nunes and Hapa is going to have to carry her off into the sunset with her pillow

Her next fight will be under the right circumstances against Cain.

No way in hell that she fights Holm again. She can't even face a crowd/reporters/interviewers that MIGHT bring up her loss and she is going to face the fighter that made her look like a Sherdogger? No way.

Back