Speculation and Dream Match Ups For Rizin 13 and 14

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by luke2342, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Danespina Gold Belt

I mean Christ lol. I know this interests some Japanese fans though.

How was Sapp vs. Akebono from Rizin in 2015?

2. Bobby Boulders My Lovin' Is Digi Platinum Member

Seems that they believe this will bring in ratings. I'm not sure how big a deal the other guy is in Japan. But, historically, Sapp has brought in ratings, and he's a shell of himself, so if the sumo has a big following he can bring in eyes AND probably look good if he has any fighting skill at all...

@Asurah, thoughts?

3. leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver Platinum Member

No. Just, no. <{nope}>

They have one, and she's on a hard decline.

4. Asurah |⁰⊖⁰)

Sapp isn't anywhere near the draw he used to be, they are probably hoping people want to see a top level rikishi crossing over in arguably his prime. Osunaarashi was in the news a lot and recently visited Akebono in the hospital, promising to take down Sapp.

I rather they had distanced themselves from Sapp, not so much for the dives and shenanigans, but he had some serious domestic abuse allegations come out around last NYE. Not a fan of him being brought back before that situation is cleared up.

5. luke2342 Orange Belt

That's just beautiful, I wish I could read whatever that says. Bob looks like a monster. I started following the sumo at the Nagoya Basho last month and I wish I got in a few months earlier so I could have some context to this Onnurashi guy.

Besides the sanctioned rest times from Caesar Takashi and the cut finish, it wasn't a terrible performance from Sapp. However in MMA Sapp has a bad habit of turtling up whenever he faces adversity. I'm actually hoping that Sapp fights NYE when I'm going to see it, I once saw Curtis Blaydes in the flesh and was blown away by how huge he looked. Sapp would blow my mind.

6. Falconkick A charming asshole

After the Yachi KO Gustavo should fight Cruickshank.

Yachi should fight Koshi Matsumoto next

Too bad Souwer left for ONE although I do love that move because ONE/ONE Super series is awesome... But seeing Tom Santos fighting Souwer would be fun.

7. kingcillo24 Black Belt

"Kanna Asakura isn't top 5."

<Deported1>

8. leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver Platinum Member

Make a strong argument that she is, that doesn’t involve h r beating RENA. I’ll wait

9. lukeuidswords Black Belt

10. leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver Platinum Member

11. rob mafia Red Belt

all you talk about is your damn ignore list. and then you respond to people on it, all day.

<{CMPALM}>

12. luke2342 Orange Belt

I don't understand why people shit on Hamasaki, she lost one fight against a 115er, I don't think that makes her less of an atom-weight. She literally has a win over the current Invicta Champ, and I don't see why she shouldn't be ranked high. It's hard to say Michelle Waterson is the best 105er. Atom-weight female is one of the most interesting divisions because you can't just say 'UFC Champion and UFC Rankings are gospel.' If Kanna isn't top 5, who is that's over her? It's hard to say Waterson is top 105 because she's never going to go down again, and your mostly basing that assumption from her work at 115. Her last fight at 105 was a loss.

Maybe putting Rena in the top 5 is wrong, but she'd be somewhere high, she did fight through a 8 women tournament to get to the final against Kanna. That has to be worth something.

13. rob mafia Red Belt

14. Danespina Gold Belt

Oh what a perfect fight you just listed.

15. ichibang Black Belt

While you guys keep arguing about the ranking, all I could think is "Rena and Kanna aint even atomweight, they are super atomweight at 108 pound lol" People already forgot that Rizin made up weight class to maximize chance of Rena winning, but that back fired hard.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  16. luke2342 Orange Belt

Also all atomweights in ROAD FC can't be on the rankings because they use the metric system, with a weight limit of 105.8 pounds and a 1.1 pound weight extra allowance, bringing the total up to 106.9 pounds. Not true atom weights. No ONE FC Atomweights either because their weigh in is 114.6 pounds and based on walking weight. Only American atomweights are allowed in the rankings.

17. Bluesbreaker Black Belt

How about some Sengoku match ups?

18. Danespina Gold Belt

I forgot how soon Rizin 13 is, meaning we should have a near full card over the next 3 weeks. Something like that.

19. leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver Platinum Member

Not shitting on her, but it was obvious watching her last fight that Hamasaki has deteriorated. As for Waterson, She hasn't fought at atom weight in almost 4 years and lost her last fight in that class, so not sure why you spent so much time talking about her, as nobody is saying she's the best.

20. SeverianB Hiding in bushes in the 505. Platinum Member

:raises hand:

The UFC will have an atom weight division within a year and Michelle will be champion of it. Mark my words.

Look, the top atomweight in the world right now is Seo Hee Ham and Waterson is doing better in the UFC than she did. MMA math never lies.

Making atomweight will be very painfull for Michelle, but she will do it if a UFC belt is wagged in front of her face. No doubt in my mind. Joanna and Rose got a million Instagram followers thanks to that belt and they are NOT as marketable as Michelle. That's where the money is.