Spartacus

When the show first came out I briefly watched an episode not thinking much and thought it was lame and stupid, when I actually watched it it was fucking amazing. If you have any sense of manhood you will enjoy it, show is awesome.

I'm one of the few people who prefer the latter seasons. Season one is pretty overrated, as it only gets good in its second half.

The Elektra they got is pretty hot also too, so no loss.

I guess I gotta get into Arrow now.

Naevia is also in Arrow, as Amanda Waller. (Crixus and Ashur too. Its basically Life After Spartacus).

Amanda-Waller-Arrow.png

Best fucking show ever

Awesome show. Must watch HBO's ROME as well. Love that.

Watched it beginning season 3 or so am starting Season 1 ep 1 now , thanks!

Am I the only person who hated it? I couldn't make it past the third episode. It was so cheesy wannabe 300. If you want a good show of that era watch HBO's Rome.

This is false. From the opening scene at The Wall, that show was gold. It balanced everything perfectly. I don't think you'll find too many who would agree with you.

Unlike Spartacus, it didn't look like shit, and the acting wasn't hammy. GOT built up everything perfectly. Whereas Spartacus had little to no direction in it's first few episodes, and was objectively a terrible show.

A so-so episode to me, isn't one where there isn't a high body count. A so-so episode to me, is a lot of episodes from season 5, where there is nothing but action and death, but it wasn't built up properly, so you don't give a shit.

Spartacus was good, but was in no way top tier like similar shows, like GOT and the first season of Rome. Spartacus was pure exploitation, with decent enough writing and acting to make it more of the sum of it's parts. In no way was it on the same level of the best of the best though.

Seriously this is exactly what I thought about Spartacus. Just a show good for action and tits. And I am a fan of action and tits but Spartacus was Redbox B level.

Seriously this is exactly what I thought about Spartacus. Just a show good for action and tits. And I am a fan of action and tits but Spartacus was Redbox B level.

I don't blame you for giving up on it. Those early episodes are ROUGH. However, I'd recommend giving it another shot, and toughing out those first few episodes. It gets way better. They really did make as dramatic of a turnaround as I can think of.

Or if the first season still scares you a bit, start with Gods Of The Arena. It's a six episode prequel, and it was made after they figured out how to make the show good.

I watched a few clips I echo the sentiments that it looked like a wannabe 300 and the actors seemed fucking atrocious

Tho XENA getting naked is worth sitting through it tbh

I was in that original thread laughing at how bad it was and 4 years later I was still there holding back manly tears at the finale. This show had no right to be as good as it became. It overcame a horrible start and the death of it's main actor to grow into quality.

Loved the show. Batiatus was such a great character

Am I the only person who hated it? I couldn't make it past the third episode. It was so cheesy wannabe 300. If you want a good show of that era watch HBO's Rome.

90% this.

I didn't hate it, but it was pretty cheesy and dumb. Rome was a much better show.

Spartacus the movie is way better than the show also, imo.

I hated it when Spartacus had to kill Varro I really liked Varro. and the guy who played Ashur did a top notch job. I waited years to watch it. and me and my wife finally did last year. season 1-2 I can watch even tough i watched season 3-4 it was not the same. i would like for them to bring the show back but not call it Spartacus. focus more on a young Oenomaus or young Gannicus but I'm sure they would never bring it back.

Dexter season 1 > anything.

LOL no. Dexter is the show that got me back into watching TV, so I'll always love it for that, but compared to a lot of shit that's come out since it started up it's not a GOAT contender. Regardless of what season we're talking about.

LOL no. Dexter is the show that got me back into watching TV, so I'll always love it for that, but compared to a lot of shit that's come out since it started up it's not a GOAT contender. Regardless of what season we're talking about.
So in other words, you never watched Dexter. I'll tell you a few things. It was a different show than the one you saw in the last few years. As far as "GOAT".. Dexter's first season hangs with ANY first season ever. Dexter actually starts out stronger than Breaking Bad, which really didn't start as great as it finished.

Back