sparring videos plz help

yookfarb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

First guy was a muay thai fighter, taught the class. Second guy is another ammy MMA fighter and my coach is the one recording and chirping at me in the background

Anyway was thinking about doing this under a different account but I just don't have the time for shitposting like I used to, anyway here I am a long time sherdog shitposter trying to be a fighter

I think several years ago I made a thread asking how to be more like Conor McGregor while I was half heatedly smacking around the heavy bag. You all humbled be pretty good, so I've just been lurking here on and off as I continued to train. Even ended up fighting in the cage about a year ago, loved the experience but I ended up nearly getting KTFO. After landing a overhand right, I just saw red and charged right into a uppercut.

Since then, I've been mostly focused on Jiu Jitsu and picked up my purple belt. Have managed to do well in all of the local tournaments. However I've been wanting to fight again while I'm still young. Unfortunately I've got a shoulder injury thats kinda derailed my plans, and I just had an MRI done on it today. So if it's serious this will be the last time I will be sparring in a while. Still, I'd really like to fight again this year even if I do end up having to get surgery. However I don't want to rush it and want to be prepared.

So any technical advice would be appreciated. Or any advice on how to improve and train while having a bum shoulder

To me there's not too much to say. You look like a 3 - 6 month trained guy. And you still not confident throwing your combos. In a year you'll probably be 5x better or more than you were in these videos.

Edit: As for the shoulder injuries. Do some very low weight rotator cuff exorcises.

Begin from the beginning. You're trying to do a bunch of fancy stuff when you don't even have the fundamentals of stance and footwork figured out yet. Without a solid base of fundamentals, your skill progression will stall out quickly and prematurely.

not bad, just keep training and doing what you doing and you will improve, light sparring like that is great.........the sport takes years to improve, it really is a lifelong lifestyle to get good.

Begin from the beginning. You're trying to do a bunch of fancy stuff when you don't even have the fundamentals of stance and footwork figured out yet. Without a solid base of fundamentals, your skill progression will stall out quickly and prematurely.

I suppose that's why I made the thread... I've been training for a while but lately I feel like I've stalled out or even regressed.

Watch videos of your favorite fighters hitting the bag or shadow boxing. And then record yourself

There isn't much to say. Your coach is giving you too much at once though, focus on ONE thing in sparring, such as keeping your chin down, for a few sessions, until it becomes instinctual, then focus on a new thing in sparring. If you're trying to focus on hands up, chin down, feinting, shot selection, all at once, it will never happen.

I hope your not ever trying to make money of fighting

#zemobless

You need caa 500 more rounds of sparring to get comfortable

For these rounds to be any good for you, you need to increase your skills and phisical abilities

You don't feel that you will not be hurt and you're not comfortable with that you will feel some pain and discomfort. You're shakyand have weak bodylanguage and energy.

In any case I don't see a talent. Hard work produces results. In any case you are not a current talent.

Hard work yields results

Imagine I take a ammy fight and a guy like this shows up. And I throw a full power headkick and he doesn't block it .

You need to spar begginers. You are getting dominated, the other two guys are really good

Get comfortable sparring at your level

How long have you been training ? Can't be too long right ?

They hit you with some clean shots and you can't defend. This is not comfortable sparring for you.

Jesus christ, just make 1 post dude.

Don't worry I will show you how to spar soon (making more friends as the day goes by)

EDIT - Apology for post spasm

Don't worry I will show you how to spar soon (making more friends as the day goes by)

EDIT - Apology for post spasm

<FookIsThatGuy> don't really understand what you're trying to say besides you're basically shitting on me but thanks for the honesty I guess

<FookIsThatGuy> don't really understand what you're trying to say besides you're basically shitting on me but thanks for the honesty I guess

Do you post videos cause you want a career or you just wanna learn and have fun ? If it's #2 then perfect.

I always think everyone has a pro or not at all mentality like me. Like I forget people are training just for expirience and advancement.

In any case sparring partners that are less advanced would improve you more

Have fun all the best to you in your journey

Do you post videos cause you want a career or you just wanna learn and have fun ? If it's #2 then perfect.

I always think everyone has a pro or not at all mentality like me. Like I forget people are training just for expirience and advancement.

In any case sparring partners that are less advanced would improve you more

Have fun all the best to you in your journey

yes I do have ambitions beyond just having fun and learning, otherwise I would just stick with jiu jitsu... maybe I should

I get what you mean about my body language, I was traveling to a more serious mma gym to get more advanced sparring and was nervous about it

seriously thanks for the honesty

First guy was a muay thai fighter, taught the class. Second guy is another ammy MMA fighter and my coach is the one recording and chirping at me in the background
Coulda fooled me. Thought he was a journalism major writing for MMA media.<LordRoose>

Back