Media Sparring video : Volk vs. Yan

I think Volkanovski will always be considered underrated due to the Holloway fights. He dominated the first fight quite clearly and edged out the rematch. On the night I scored it for Holloway but re-watching it, the last 3 rounds shifted.

He's a great striker with good defense and a good chin. His wrestling is very strong as well, and he can't be held down for long.

I think Volkanovski will always be considered underrated due to the Holloway fights. He dominated the first fight quite clearly and edged out the rematch. On the night I scored it for Holloway but re-watching it, the last 3 rounds shifted.

He's a great striker with good defense and a good chin. His wrestling is very strong as well, and he can't be held down for long.
Definitely a well - rounded champ, for sure.
I had him winning the 2nd Max fight but I think most people watching really got carried away by the knockdowns and possibly Bisping's "commentary."

Just Two great champs sparring as Iron sharpens Iron .
hope both keeping on reign their respective divisions

Two great and complete champions, maybe in a few years we can see them actually fight.

I wonder how Volk vs Ortega is going to go. I got Volk tho

Volk is going to try to spam leg kicks while Yan has proven to KO people. Gonna see a finish

Definitely a well - rounded champ, for sure.
I had him winning the 2nd Max fight but I think most people watching really got carried away by the knockdowns and possibly Bisping's "commentary."

Yeah exactly. The commentary was biased and I had my own bias because I was rooting for Max. Objectively though, the first 2 rounds were clearly Max's, but those kind of cursed him. He took his foot off the gas and it allowed Volk to get back into the fight and take the later rounds. He's the legitimate champion.

Can't tell much of anything from that footage, but volk is currently the better fighter In my opinion. Anyone who thinks volkanovski couldn't outstrike yan yan hasn't been paying attention.

How is this man a point fighter even in a sparring session?!?!?!

Two very different strikers. Volk excels striking in space, where he can use his bounce, feints, and leg kicks. Yan rarely kicks to the leg, and instead uses his ring generalship to compromise opponents against the cage. The open area here clearly favors Volk.

Khabib type of animal in his weight class will maul Volk. It will look like he has no restlin at all. Volk has an answer to top level striking but he hasn't seen tom level grapling, especially TOP CONTROL a La Khabib style. That beast hasn't knocked at his doors yet.

Khabib type of animal in his weight class will maul Volk. It will look like he has no restlin at all. Volk has an answer to top level striking but he hasn't seen tom level grapling, especially TOP CONTROL a La Khabib style. That beast hasn't knocked at his doors yet.

That won't knock at anyone's doors ever again if khabib is really retired

Two very different strikers. Volk excels striking in space, where he can use his bounce, feints, and leg kicks. Yan rarely kicks to the leg, and instead uses his ring generalship to compromise opponents against the cage. The open area here clearly favors Volk.

Volk's a beast in the pocket, it's just hard for him to close the distance when he's 5'6 at most and fighting guys much bigger longer than him, so he's had to develop a great game at kickboxing range as well.

Back