Sparring style beginner

N00bLifter

Orange Belt
Reaction score
What is the best style of sparring for an beginner in Muy thai?
Is there such thing?

No theres no such thing as the best "style", there is however a best approach. What you want to do is go very light with your opponent and work on some of the combos and techniques they show you in class. Stay calm and pay attention to using proper technique.

Just go with what you've been learning from your coach(es). Losing occurs, but don't take it too personal and learn from it. And also what Soul Rebel 2 said.

The style where you try to hit and kick your opponent and not be hit or kicked.

I agree with Soul Rebel. Remember that sparring is still just a training exercise. The goal is to practice applying techniques that you've already learned, not to beat the other guy up.

If your personality is like mine then you might have the opposite problem i.e. not aggressive enough. The best advice I was given was to always return attack after your opponent attacks you, even if it's something as simple as firing a jab/cross back.

If your personality is like mine then you might have the opposite problem i.e. not aggressive enough. The best advice I was given was to always return attack after your opponent attacks you, even if it's something as simple as firing a jab/cross back.

Ha! My trainer actually told me to do this :icon_chee

The style where you try to hit and kick your opponent and not be hit or kicked.

This. Damn got in b4 me.

Also, try not to take turns with your opponent. You wanna hit and not be hit.

HAH! You have no style, thats the point of sparring as a beginner. Figuring out how exactly you will be fighting..thus creating a style..wooooo

Back