Sparring Music

IHF

White Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone have some good ideas for sparring music? Not so much grappling but rather stand-up work for timing and speed.

Obviously some genres won't cut it, can't fight to The Carpenters (don't flame me for knowing their name!). But the music should be a good mix of rhythm and agression, stuff that gives you goosebumps.

Don't name bands, but give songs instead.

Thanks,

Might have better responses in the Standup Forum.

My vote would go towards
Renegades of Funk (Rage Against the Machine)

Check out Bas' CD...wicked cool for sparring :wink:

when im sparring I really dont hear the music except between rounds

the mt gym i used to go to would always play techno when we sparred. one of the reason i left...lol

This is a bit of a wierd one, but one song I LOVE listening to during sparring is Clubbed To Death by Rob Dougan (It's the song in the Matrix for anyone who doesn't know).
It's not particularly fast or aggressive, but it just has that... feel - it's wierd. It's got a relaxed vibe to it and you're just like "I R BEAST!!!" :icon_lol::icon_lol:

old skool american rap. eazy e, nwa, dr dre stuff like that allways works well; gets you up for it.

im not kidding i know this sounds cheesy as hell but Stan Bush's "Fight to Survive" from the Bloodsport soundtrack is awesome, the way the beat subdivides is epic for footwork rhythm

This is a bit of a wierd one, but one song I LOVE listening to during sparring is Clubbed To Death by Rob Dougan (It's the song in the Matrix for anyone who doesn't know).
It's not particularly fast or aggressive, but it just has that... feel - it's wierd. It's got a relaxed vibe to it and you're just like "I R BEAST!!!" :icon_lol::icon_lol:

omg i love that song. i've never tried fighting to it but i'd imagine that it'd be pretty sick. =) when i spar/shadow box i prefer to listen to alternative/****l. listen to a song called "Payback" by "Flaw". for some reason that song always gets me pumped even though i've been listening to it forever.

I have no choice but to listen to that weird snake charmer-ish thai music. One of the few things that make me hate MT. Its really irritating.

Back