Sparring golden gloves champ!!

You know what, sparring guys way better than you dont always help that way some people might think... when u get back to your home gym try sparring guys on your level or even below. When u spar these better guys u look straight up bad. And you look scared to commit to punches (not talking 100% but throw enough to at least get some respect)

Alright thanks for the feedback. This guy is a golden glovez champ and i have not had a real amatuer fight. So of course hes going to be better.

Well I spared a guy who smoked the entire nation with 1st round KOs in the nationals. He won silver, because they were so pissed at him, they had to disqualify him in the final. That was at a boxing and he was an amateur kickboxer. So no past history in boxing. The guy does not fight anymore, he is now a driver and a guard of one of the richest people in the country.

Sure he can kill me at the ring but I always tried to put a respectful fight with him. Sure he is better, but I tried to box. This was good stance, jabs keeping myself safe. I wasnt there to fight, but to box and improve.

Well I spared a guy who smoked the entire nation with 1st round KOs in the nationals. He won silver, because they were so pissed at him, they had to disqualify him in the final. That was at a boxing and he was an amateur kickboxer. So no past history in boxing. The guy does not fight anymore, he is now a driver and a guard of one of the richest people in the country.

Sure he can kill me at the ring but I always tried to put a respectful fight with him. Sure he is better, but I tried to box. This was good stance, jabs keeping myself safe. I wasnt there to fight, but to box and improve.

Yeah this guy took it easy on me tho. He didnt try to kill me. I tried to work on a few shitz too.
You know what, sparring guys way better than you dont always help that way some people might think... when u get back to your home gym try sparring guys on your level or even below. When u spar these better guys u look straight up bad. And you look scared to commit to punches (not talking 100% but throw enough to at least get some respect)

I wasnt scares just sometimes was trying to work on more defense but ended up going on the offense because he was letting me come in at times.

Yeah this guy took it easy on me tho. He didnt try to kill me. I tried to work on a few shitz too.

I wasnt scares just sometimes was trying to work on more defense but ended up going on the offense because he was letting me come in at times.
Yeah but your offense looks terrible, thats why i think you should spar some lower level guys (if possible)

Yeah but your offense looks terrible, thats why i think you should spar some lower level guys (if possible)

Dont worry i will be soon. I was getting some instruction today with an instructor in the UFC gym by my parents house.

Still dont really want to train at a ufc gym all the time. And i still dont like livint in boondock areas (i really do like living in metropolitan areas where there are bus stops and train stations all around i dont like living in isolated areas). So yeah i will probably be trainint in NYC sometime when i move to jersey city.

How is it possible to disqualify the guy just like that lol

How is it possible to disqualify the guy just like that lol
Well illegal knock out. They said he elbowed him.

Would you imagine a guy without an amateur experience going to nationals and first round KOing everyone. What would be the reactions?

Do you happen to have any footage of the guy? Except if you don't want to disclosure his name.

Would you imagine a guy without an amateur experience going to nationals and first round KOing everyone. What would be the reactions?
They must’ve not thought that guy was the biggest sandbagger lol. Did they know he was a kickboxer?

Do you happen to have any footage of the guy? Except if you don't want to disclosure his name.
Well nope sorry. This is a thing from approx 10-15 years ago. I havent been in the boxing gym for more than an year, not sure if he still visits as well. We where a white collar small group getting privates. The guy is just very strong for his size. I have seen him bench 150 kg for 5+ reps and he is 80 kg. He also sprints very fast. His positioning is very good and he comes forward to fight you and knock you down. The guy is a real killer. His mind is also of a killer. There is a story from 2 years ago in which he burned a local policeman house for a girl dispute after the policeman scratched his whole car. No wonder he is a personal guard of one of the richest people in the country.

This was the second round after a pretty moderate first lol. I was trying to read him better. My cardio is definitely not ready for 3 round fight nonetheless a 2 round fight.

See what you guys i think i can see a lot more shit i got to work on:

Defense. Being more proactive and setting up my strikes more. Not so much headhunting. etc

What do you guys think? Bring on the criticism!!

This is zen jiu jitsu in miami florida. Level trains here grappling and at american top team too.

Next stop tomorrow is fusion mma.

Good job khan. Sparring someone that is better than you, that is willing to work with you, rather than to hurt you........is one of the best ways to learn. Keep sparring like that and you will continue to improve.

Regarding what to work on........first let me say that every expert was at one time a beginner......that being said, nothing stands out as horribly wrong, you just look like a beginner, because you are, which is fine.

If there can be only 1 way to learn, sparring is the way to go.........I would still like to see you working on the classroom side of things, techniques, bag work, pads...........are you getting instruction? Does your coach hold mitts for you?

Good job khan. Sparring someone that is better than you, that is willing to work with you, rather than to hurt you........is one of the best ways to learn. Keep sparring like that and you will continue to improve.

Regarding what to work on........first let me say that every expert was at one time a beginner......that being said, nothing stands out as horribly wrong, you just look like a beginner, because you are, which is fine.

If there can be only 1 way to learn, sparring is the way to go.........I would still like to see you working on the classroom side of things, techniques, bag work, pads...........are you getting instruction? Does your coach hold mitts for you?

It looks like ima be living with my parents for a little longer. So the ufc gym im at since edgar is teaching a few classes (bjj tho) i think he'll be willing to do a bit of padwork and he did say my bagwork was good today tho. I actually think bagwork was uncoordinated (i think im kind of OCD with it for some reason) but if frankie edgar said it is then i guess it is.

Also an old asst instructor from ama fight club that ik (funny dude and a good muay thai instructor with some hands) is teaching over here so it might be a little worthwhile. Cuz after class i can get him to help a bit and show him some of the sparring videos. Hes taught at ama fight club too i was in his class when keansak couldnt make it to teach.

And they do have a boxing class but ill see.

Im not a big fan of UFC gyms but should be good for now.

Last edited:
Aparently my mum said (this was the deal)

So she said she'll pay for any gym whatsoever for me if i moved back to jersey. Shes also is the reason i even got to go to florida.

So frankie edgar is also willing to do privates but ITS FRANKIE EDGAR. So he'll want his moneys worth.

So im guessing he going to charge maybe $150/hr. Dont know about the packages. But those are bound to be a fortune too.

Reason why i dont want to do $150/hr jawns is cuz she going to throw it in my face saying im spoiled and bitch saying i dont appreciate nothing. So idk if i want to make her for them jawns once a week or whatever.

Ik an instructor in NYC that would train me unlimited sessions for $70/month. And he may not be as good as frankie but he still is one of the best instructors in NYC imo.

The thing is the closest train station stop on the new york penn station line to me is denville. And that train comes around every hr. Plus thats like $15 round trip. And thats another thing i hate having to wait for people to drive me somewhere thats why i love living in city areas but NYC isnt an option unless its the bronx which my mum doesnt want to pay for an apartment or room there.

Idgaf where i live. I lived in one of the worst parts of philadelphia which is kensington philadelphia. Nothing happened to me and nobody bothered me.

Anyways yeah so ima have to pay for some privates. If i want to train with frankie ima have to make my mum pay a fortune. But there other instructors. Still kind of in that rate range.

Last edited:

So she said she'll pay for any gym whatsoever for me if i moved back to jersey. Shes also is the reason i even got to go to florida.

So frankie edgar is also willing to do privates but ITS FRANKIE EDGAR. So he'll want his moneys worth.

So im guessing he going to charge maybe $150/hr. Dont know about the packages. But those are bound to be a fortune too.

Reason why i dont want to do $150/hr jawns is cuz she going to throw it in my face saying im spoiled and bitch saying i dont appreciate nothing. So idk if i want to make her for them jawns once a week or whatever.

Ik an instructor in NYC that would train me unlimited sessions for $70/month. And he may not be as good as frankie but he still is one of the best instructors in NYC imo.

The thing is the closest train station stop on the new york penn station line to me is denville. And that train comes around every hr. Plus thats like $15 round trip. And thats another thing i hate having to wait for people to drive me somewhere thats why i love living in city areas but NYC isnt an option unless its the bronx which my mum doesnt want to pay for an apartment or room there.

Idgaf where i live. I lived in one of the worst parts of philadelphia which is kensington philadelphia. Nothing happened to me and nobody bothered me.

Anyways yeah so ima have to pay for some privates. If i want to train with frankie ima have to make my mum pay a fortune. But there other instructors. Still kind of in that rate range.

reminder

Good fighters dont necessarily make good coaches so think twice about spending money on edgar.

Best coach i had was an ammy world champ and low level pro

TBH it actually happens quite often, especially under adult level.

Just find a good gym. Forget about private trainers. find a gym that does classes, pads and isn't some upmarket wankfest. Find something old school.

You need padwork imo Khan....doesn't need to be frankie edgar....just a legit coach will be fine

Back