Sparring golden gloves champ!!

ironkhan57

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

This was the second round after a pretty moderate first lol. I was trying to read him better. My cardio is definitely not ready for 3 round fight nonetheless a 2 round fight.

See what you guys i think i can see a lot more shit i got to work on:

Defense. Being more proactive and setting up my strikes more. Not so much headhunting. etc

What do you guys think? Bring on the criticism!!

This is zen jiu jitsu in miami florida. Level trains here grappling and at american top team too.

Next stop tomorrow is fusion mma.

Prolly get some gloves that aren't half your bodyweight.

You need to parry the jab more. The biggest mistake you are making is trying to slip under the jab and then come up with the right hand. As @Gfreak said this is leaving you wide open to the counter right. If you parry the jab and then duck the right, it will make your right hand vastly more effective. Try not to leave your jab hanging out as a measuring stick, your not Tommy hearns yet, and it leaves you open to the overhand. You want to pop the jab to draw a right hand lead and then duck and counter with your right hand. It is definitely your best punch, and I think you will surprise a lot of people if you can land a few shots with it.

You need to parry the jab more. The biggest mistake you are making is trying to slip under the jab and then come up with the right hand. As @Gfreak said this is leaving you wide open to the counter right. If you parry the jab and then duck the right, it will make your right hand vastly more effective. Try not to leave your jab hanging out as a measuring stick, your not Tommy hearns yet, and it leaves you open to the overhand. You want to pop the jab to draw a right hand lead and then duck and counter with your right hand. It is definitely your best punch, and I think you will surprise a lot of people if you can land a few shots with it.

Yeah hard to think of it in the heat of the moment im so use to using my headmovement that i barely parry. I really got to remind myself too.

And yes that measuring stick righy hand is something i used muay thai spars a lot i really got to remind myself boxing is a whole different ball game too. Especially with a golden gloves champ.

Yeah hard to think of it in the heat of the moment im so use to using my headmovement that i barely parry. I really got to remind myself too.

And yes that measuring stick righy hand is something i used muay thai spars a lot i really got to remind myself boxing is a whole different ball game too. Especially with a golden gloves champ.
It's nearly impossible to overcome a good jab with head movement alone, if you parry a few more shots it will make it a lot easier to duck and counter.

It would probably help if you warn up with a few jab and parry drills. I won't even spar until i have done a few drills just to see were their punches are coming from, and get their timing a bit.

every time you come up after the slip, your chin is sky high

Because of that right overhand. It kind of pushed my head not really knocked me down. I was trying to duck under to my left too.
it didn't push you down, this was your position after the shot landed as you were tall and chin up and standing square on:
knockdown.png

and then you began falling face-first to your right
knockdown2.jpg

it didn't push you down, this was your position after the shot landed as you were tall and chin up and standing square on:
knockdown.png

and then you began falling face-first to your right
knockdown2.jpg

I see my left hand was down when i was throwing. That is still a work in progress keeping my hands up while exchanging.

Back