sparring for dlh v mayweather-for those who know

You'd be silly to doubt anything about Floyd Mayweather, bro. specially in comparison to a guy of Williams' calibre. The supposed "Floyd Mayweather foil". Hmmm.

i think hes a good fighter too man, take it easy, his nuts need air.

It's not about doubt. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't need to switch Southpaw. I have utter confidence in Floyd continuing to do what he does best, and being successful at that. Get it? It's not an implication of incapability, it's resounding confidence in a very sound formula that's worked continuously.

That said, I'm sure you once stated somewhere that Williams isn't a good match-up for Floyd, stylistically speaking.

I think I know why you feel (or seem to feel) differently now, but the point of the joke was that there'd almost never be a need for Floyd to try and fight like Paul does.

I don't disagree with that. I thought your comment was more about what Floyd can or cannot do, as opposed to what he needs or does not need to do.

I'm not THAT stupid, nor am I what you once called a "negative Nancy" on the subject...anymore.

BTW, anyone who ever thought Hatton was actually a better in-fighter than Floyd was retarded.

I guess considering thats all Hatton has, people may have quite easily overlooked what good things Floyd has done there when he chooses too.

Tru dat, and also the HOPE he was better at it contributed a lot. But Floyd's style(s) allow for equally good in-fighting as fighting at-range. He's been one of few who have accomplished being equally good in both areas at that high a level.

Where all this shit about him being a peck-and-runner came from is beyond me. He's done that all of maybe 4 times.

Tru dat, and also the HOPE he was better at it contributed a lot. But Floyd's style(s) allow for equally good in-fighting as fighting at-range. He's been one of few who have accomplished being equally good in both areas at that high a level.

Where all this shit about him being a peck-and-runner came from is beyond me. He's done that all of maybe 4 times.

no off but if a guy faded 4 times, he would be considered a guy who fades, if he gets koed 4 times he is considered susceptible to ko's, if a guy quits 4 times. he is considered a quititer. Im not saying its right; but its what people do, especially when they see something happen in a pattern and 4 times is enough for people to consider it a pattern.

Well, he's beat ass and stopped bitches a damn sight more than four times, so whats that mean?

I'm amazed that Guzman hasn't been used by Oscar. He's a genius and sparring with someone like Guzman would do Oscar's timing wonders, imo. Plus they are both Mayweather Sr's guys. I also wouldn't be surprised if Forbes was brought in just to add to the drama.

Also, I think the key like last time is Oscar's jab but I'm still not convinced that he can pump it out for 12 rounds. He did it against Forbes but Mayweather is a whole different puzzle.

i think hes a good fighter too man, take it easy, his nuts need air.

Shut up.

I'm amazed that Guzman hasn't been used by Oscar. He's a genius and sparring with someone like Guzman would do Oscar's timing wonders, imo. Plus they are both Mayweather Sr's guys. I also wouldn't be surprised if Forbes was brought in just to add to the drama.

Joan hasn't been training with Floyd Sr. lately, and I don't know if you're aware of how small he really is. He's tiny, even in comparison to Floyd. Not only that, but if you wanted Joan and Forbes to spar, you'd have to be shelling out a good $1,000 a week, if they'd even take the job.

Joan hasn't been training with Floyd Sr. lately, and I don't know if you're aware of how small he really is. He's tiny, even in comparison to Floyd. Not only that, but if you wanted Joan and Forbes to spar, you'd have to be shelling out a good $1,000 a week, if they'd even take the job.[/QUOTE]

I agree that he is quite a bit smaller than Mayweather but he sure does have some moves. If DLH could adapt to that speed then it couldn't be a bad thing, I get what you're saying though and Mayweather is a different cattle of fish. I couldn't see forking out

Paid sparring is tough to come by, and the last time Oscar did it he had Bojado as the highest calibur guy there. Joan would come at a much higher price. DLH didn't get so rich by being frivolous with money, Joan AND Forbes, those are high-ticket items, and there's not much of a chance they'd make a lot of difference. In the end, it's just not that smart of a decision.

Back