1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

sparring for dlh v mayweather-for those who know

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by devante, May 16, 2008.

1. GodLovesUgly Orange Belt

i think hes a good fighter too man, take it easy, his nuts need air.

2. Tam-Tam Management vs Labour

I don't disagree with that. I thought your comment was more about what Floyd can or cannot do, as opposed to what he needs or does not need to do.

3. Sinister Doctor of Doom Staff Member Senior Moderator

I'm not THAT stupid, nor am I what you once called a "negative Nancy" on the subject...anymore.

BTW, anyone who ever thought Hatton was actually a better in-fighter than Floyd was retarded.

4. Tam-Tam Management vs Labour

I guess considering thats all Hatton has, people may have quite easily overlooked what good things Floyd has done there when he chooses too.

5. Sinister Doctor of Doom Staff Member Senior Moderator

Tru dat, and also the HOPE he was better at it contributed a lot. But Floyd's style(s) allow for equally good in-fighting as fighting at-range. He's been one of few who have accomplished being equally good in both areas at that high a level.

Where all this shit about him being a peck-and-runner came from is beyond me. He's done that all of maybe 4 times.

6. devante Silver Belt

no off but if a guy faded 4 times, he would be considered a guy who fades, if he gets koed 4 times he is considered susceptible to ko's, if a guy quits 4 times. he is considered a quititer. Im not saying its right; but its what people do, especially when they see something happen in a pattern and 4 times is enough for people to consider it a pattern.

7. Tam-Tam Management vs Labour

Well, he's beat ass and stopped bitches a damn sight more than four times, so whats that mean?

8. IronMaidenfan#1 Brown Belt

I'm amazed that Guzman hasn't been used by Oscar. He's a genius and sparring with someone like Guzman would do Oscar's timing wonders, imo. Plus they are both Mayweather Sr's guys. I also wouldn't be surprised if Forbes was brought in just to add to the drama.

9. IronMaidenfan#1 Brown Belt

Also, I think the key like last time is Oscar's jab but I'm still not convinced that he can pump it out for 12 rounds. He did it against Forbes but Mayweather is a whole different puzzle.

10. Hitmanx 6.0 Blue Belt

Get Wlad in there and Oscar will have a jab.

11. Sinister Doctor of Doom Staff Member Senior Moderator

Shut up.

Joan hasn't been training with Floyd Sr. lately, and I don't know if you're aware of how small he really is. He's tiny, even in comparison to Floyd. Not only that, but if you wanted Joan and Forbes to spar, you'd have to be shelling out a good $1,000 a week, if they'd even take the job.

12. IronMaidenfan#1 Brown Belt

Joan hasn't been training with Floyd Sr. lately, and I don't know if you're aware of how small he really is. He's tiny, even in comparison to Floyd. Not only that, but if you wanted Joan and Forbes to spar, you'd have to be shelling out a good $1,000 a week, if they'd even take the job.[/QUOTE]

I agree that he is quite a bit smaller than Mayweather but he sure does have some moves. If DLH could adapt to that speed then it couldn't be a bad thing, I get what you're saying though and Mayweather is a different cattle of fish. I couldn't see forking out

13. Sinister Doctor of Doom Staff Member Senior Moderator

Paid sparring is tough to come by, and the last time Oscar did it he had Bojado as the highest calibur guy there. Joan would come at a much higher price. DLH didn't get so rich by being frivolous with money, Joan AND Forbes, those are high-ticket items, and there's not much of a chance they'd make a lot of difference. In the end, it's just not that smart of a decision.

14. thatsmydin Blue Belt

classic