Sparring footage from 4 years ago

where was the second videos at? you certainly improved i like how you jab to the body then the head then right to the body shit was nice your left hook likes really wide tho you kind of throw it from a long distance so i could see why its wide but sometimes your to far away you know nice vids tho

thats cool that you know spanish dude lol que piensas de su gancho?

Si, tengo sangre Cubano despues de todo.

Su gancho era bueno, y me gusta que su amigo fue mas seguros porque su mano estaba abajo.

So now I'll stop making the rest of the board feel left out. What I told sourdiesel was that there were a few moments where his hands were down (as I'm sure he knows) but it didn't matter because his friend was either too far away, or out of position to do anything about it. That's why I teach control of distance and positioning as PRIMARY defense. Javier asked what I thought of the hook, I noticed that sourdiesel (Angelo) had his lead hand down, which I'm sure invited his friend to jab with confidence. Confidence that got him sat on his ass.

Last edited:
where was the second videos at? you certainly improved i like how you jab to the body then the head then right to the body shit was nice your left hook likes really wide tho you kind of throw it from a long distance so i could see why its wide but sometimes your to far away you know nice vids tho

Yeah I was trying to fake a jab then hook... works nice when you get your opponent focused on the jabs... but yeah they look pretty wide... the couple of check hooks at the end where like that intentionally tho

Como tenia mas alcance que mi amigo, fue facil mantenerlo afuera... Tambien estuve con las dos manos arriba en un momento, just to switch things up a bit...

Es la primera pero nadie es perfecto, tienes que tener un plan b creo yo...

No discrepo con nada de eso.

Just always keep in mind with regards to Nuke (and anyone similar) how much of a beginner he really is. 6 months, but with primarily online assistance. Which means more like 2-3 months because everything moves slower.

Si, tengo sangre Cubano despques de todo.

Su gancho era bueno, y me gusta que su amigo fue mas seguros porque su mano estaba abajo.

So now I'll stop making the rest of the board feel left out. What I told sourdiesel was that there were a few moments where his hands were down (as I'm sure he knows) but it didn't matter because his friend was either too far away, or out of position to do anything about it. That's why I teach control of distance and positioning as PRIMARY defense. Javier asked what I thought of the hook, I noticed that sourdiesel (Angelo) has his lead hand down, which I'm sure invited his friend to jab with confidence. Confidence that got him sat on his ass.

Yeah I waited for that hook lol thought I killed him at first becuz I planted most of my weight on it..

That wasn't very nice of you. Though I did like the sound he made when it landed.

No discrepo con nada de eso.

Just always keep in mind with regards to Nuke (and anyone similar) how much of a beginner he really is. 6 months, but with primarily online assistance. Which means more like 2-3 months because everything moves slower.

Yo solo le queria decir a Nuke que entrene en un gimnasio decente y tambien online para que aga sparrings y mejore mas rapido, pero lo voy a dejar tranquilo no me quiere escuchar jajaja

That wasn't very nice of you. Though I did like the sound he made when it landed.

thats why I instantly tried to grab him, thought he was out and the since the floor is concrete... wouldnt have ended nicely

lol at the end of the second round after I landed a combo he made a similar sound and a sorta cartwheel (ala brock lesnar lol)

Si, tengo sangre Cubano despues de todo.

So now I'll stop making the rest of the board feel left out. What I told sourdiesel was that there were a few moments where his hands were down (as I'm sure he knows) but it didn't matter because his friend was either too far away, or out of position to do anything about it. That's why I teach control of distance and positioning as PRIMARY defense. Javier asked what I thought of the hook, I noticed that sourdiesel (Angelo) had his lead hand down, which I'm sure invited his friend to jab with confidence. Confidence that got him sat on his ass.

I see thats cool dude what part of cuba are you or your parents from? im mexican i aint that good at speaking spanish tho and i see what you mean at first it looked like he tried to draw him in but then you could kind of tell that he was just putting them down. he gots pretty good accuracy tho that hook that dropped his friend was nice haha. Also would you consider 6 months to early for a first fight? i had mines after like 4 months i think? I got beat up but it was a great learning experience serious confidence killer tho haha

Yeah I was trying to fake a jab then hook... works nice when you get your opponent focused on the jabs... but yeah they look pretty wide... the couple of check hooks at the end where like that intentionally tho

yes that is one of my favorite feignts or just throwing the jab and hook my favorite punch to use is my left hook so i always try to throw it in combinations especially to the body and i see well you were in good distance to throw it so it dont matter there but sometimes you could get countered from throwing it to wide i used to get beat up from my wide hook now i tightened it up and its even more powerful but i think because its sneaky thats why.Good job tho try to get some up when your sparring in gym i want to put someup but i got to get something to record it with haha

Last edited:
I see thats cool dude what part of cuba are you or your parents from? im mexican i aint that good at speaking spanish tho and i see what you mean at first it looked like he tried to draw him in but then you could kind of tell that he was just putting them down. he gots pretty good accuracy tho that hook that dropped his friend was nice haha. Also would you consider 6 months to early for a first fight? i had mines after like 4 months i think? I got beat up but it was a great learning experience serious confidence killer tho haha

I don't know what part exactly my Father's Family is from because their History is all fucked-up from fleeing from Castro. And I don't speak to that side of my Family much nowadays. Running Tocco's is what got me back in touch with it, because half the guys here prefer speaking Spanish, so I was basically forced to pick it back up again. Plus my lady is half Puerto Rican, and her Mom and Grandmother speak to each other in Spanish, but she herself doesn't. So she likes that I can listen in on when they talk shit about people.

Anyway, it depends on the guy. This is a good time for me to say that I train people SLOWLY. Because I want them doing things correctly, not just doing them just to do them and then I try to correct it. I have a kid right now I've been working with for about a month and a half and I still won't let him throw his right hand, because there's things I need to correct about his posture and ability (or inability) to execute movements. So all he has are 3 punches, all with his left hand that he can throw well. If he sparred, any time he threw his right he'd be subject to getting beaten-up. So it's all about progress. If I see it enough that it satisfies me, then a guy can go fight. If I don't, or if I see ANY inconsistency, then they don't get the reward of a fight.

And heres one more of me beating up Nuke before he rocked the Korean Popstar haircut :p

vid-chop

****Updated sparrings on second page
^^^ Nuke-like clone getting "schooled," haven't had so much fun since my Fierce Red Belt-Days....

>>> Sorry to hear 'bout your injury.... hope you heal up good... Nukeamine needs some stiff competition for sure.... even I don't want to see a repeat of his KYO Sparring 101---those KYO are just savoring for when he returns.... :icon_conf

KarateStylist

^^^ Nuke-like clone getting "schooled," haven't had so much fun since my Fierce Red Belt-Days....

>>> Sorry to hear 'bout your injury.... hope you heal up good... Nukeamine needs some stiff competition for sure.... even I don't want to see a repeat of his KYO Sparring 101---those KYO are just savoring for when he returns.... :icon_conf

KarateStylist

lol he really looks like nuke doesnt he... no worries I think Im cured I can kick the shit out of my heavy bag no problem... but gonna stick to boxing tho, at least till I get some amateur bouts

you know, I did goju ryu as a kid, maybe it helped me get some mental discipline after all... :D

Wait, you had been training for a year but there was no emphasis on boxing?

Anyway, it depends on the guy. This is a good time for me to say that I train people SLOWLY. Because I want them doing things correctly, not just doing them just to do them and then I try to correct it. I have a kid right now I've been working with for about a month and a half and I still won't let him throw his right hand, because there's things I need to correct about his posture and ability (or inability) to execute movements. So all he has are 3 punches, all with his left hand that he can throw well. If he sparred, any time he threw his right he'd be subject to getting beaten-up. So it's all about progress. If I see it enough that it satisfies me, then a guy can go fight. If I don't, or if I see ANY inconsistency, then they don't get the reward of a fight.

Any stuff I should work on after watching that video btw??

Yeah, I get your point as a coach, its important to go slowly... this was just some improvised sparring in my house, at the request of my friend actually... but at the new gym Im in I havent even sparred like that in class!! I guess im not qualified yet.. they have made us do inside hooks only sparring, only jab sparring, footwork drills and stuff like that.. never all out sparring like this, yet.. but im gonna stick around and show em my new helmet :D ,until I get to sparr, the coach has done trips to cuba so he knows his stuff...

Wait, you had been training for a year but there was no emphasis on boxing?

pretty much, mostly kicks, knees and sometimes some clinchwork... only coverup was forearm to the face like a wall lol and left us on our own to figure out how to throw the punches

Looked very nice in the latest video TS. Nice right hand work. How do you feel about your left crosses?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back