Sparring footage from 4 years ago

sourdiesel209

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I actually found some really old sparring footage when I was like 1 year in doing muay thai... 4 years ago.. vs some pro dude

Im the one in the black pants

Here I basically had zero boxing experience, really front foot heavy,
I was taught only the kicking part with no enfasis on the punching
part.. but still that guy already had
pro fights...

Since then ive been boxing only since I got injured and couldnt kick for shit, so Ill try to eventually post
a recent sparring video

Btw I gassed hard at the last part and the damn shin pads kept
comming off.. Flame on

Last edited:
And heres one more of me beating up Nuke before he rocked the Korean Popstar haircut :p

****Updated sparrings

Last edited:
What can I say man. Looks pretty bad. But you already acknowledged that. But at least you stuck with it for four years and are growing. What's your injury?

What can I say man. Looks pretty bad. But you already acknowledged that. But at least you stuck with it for four years and are growing. What's your injury?

Yeah of course I sucked back then... My footwork was all fucked up, crossed my feet, but I did nail
that Nuke clone a couple times :p

My lower back suddenly started to hurt when I kicked one day, till I
couldnt kick no more... So since
then I've been boxing on and off,
becuz that doesnt hurt my back at
all.... I actually think its cured now
tho, with these stretches I found, I
did judo the other day and no
problem

I'll post a recent video eventually tho

You know a Vietnamese guy both on and off line? Crazy.

I actually found some really old sparring footage when I was like 1 year in doing muay thai... 4 years ago.. vs some pro dude

pro fights...

Since then ive been boxing only since I got injured and couldnt kick for shit, so Ill try to eventually post
a recent sparring video

comming off.. Flame on

I don't think you looked bad at all, just "green". Your movement was fairly controlled, your footwork wasn't so much "sloppy", just unrefined. Your stance looks fairly well balanced though. Funny you thought you looked front foot heavy in this video (1st one), truth is, you worked far more off your back foot in the clip vs. the pro than in the one agaisnt the novice (you were chasing your jab, stepping with the front foot and leaving the rear behind = front foot heavy, had ya cut that 1 big step into 2 shorter steps you'd of been in better range and not so front foot heavy). I actually think you looked much better against the more experienced fighter.........

4 years later, would like to see an updated clip.

I don't want my "good" name to be sully :p

say huh........ I must of missed something? :icon_neut

Sour Diesel, I didn't think you looked that bad either. At the end before taking the big shot, I thought you were going to circle all the way around him! I gotta ask though, where was this?

Do you know how much experience the other guy in the first video had during the time of shooting?

Sour Diesel, I didn't think you looked that bad either. At the end before taking the big shot, I thought you were going to circle all the way around him! I gotta ask though, where was this?

In south america

yeah I was really green back then, probably 6months - 1 year training... now im talking 4 years on and off not straight non stop training lol but I will post an update video, probably tomorrow just bought 2 sets of headgear..

Last edited:
Okay so Im gonna keep my word and heres some sparring footage from today...

First of all it was not the best space available because there was 2 tables on the way, but it was the only place I had... so heres round 1

and heres round 2... my friend is seriously gassed at the end had to take some breaks lol

Sinister, what do you think???

***im the dude with the black gloves btw

I think you should spar someone who doesn't flex for the camera, and then get his ass kicked.

O y tambien, manos arriba siempre, no?

pro fights...

a recent sparring video

comming off.. Flame on

nice...you looked better than me after one year.

btw...whats with those funny long MT shorts?

I think you should spar someone who doesn't flex for the camera, and then get his ass kicked.

O y tambien, manos arriba siempre, no?

jaja!! una mano arriba otra abajo

I would but its new years eve so my gym is closed :( ...this dude has boxed with me before but he decided to quit and start lifting and I stayed (look how it ended up jaja)

Honestly just wanted to try my new helmets, never sparred with those before, altho the peripheral vision is kinda obstructed sometimes, its worth it now that you can up the power :D

Un par de veces, tienes ambos manos abajo, pero no fue importante por que to amigo fue demasiado lejos, o fuera de posicion. Es por que ense

Back