Sparring a girl?

Just cut the power and work on defense. Ive never had any problem. Nor did I have a problem sparring a guy who weighs 135 pounds.

I've sparred superheavyweights who done the same to me too

Why wouldn't you?

I feel uneasy about punching and kicking a girl. I've had to spar with girls before in grappling, which I don't really like since I always feel self-conscious about using my strength or getting too physical.

Someone asked me. Would you?

Why not? Work on technique and defense. Remember that she signed up for it, too, and she should have understood that men were going to be throwing punches at her. She wouldn't be there if she wasn't okay with it.

Why not? Work on technique and defense. Remember that she signed up for it, too, and she should have understood that men were going to be throwing punches at her. She wouldn't be there if she wasn't okay with it.

Yeah, I could focus on defense and speed, or maybe practice my tit buster punch! :D

Someone asked me. Would you?

Yes. I've sparred with women several times. I use it to work on my skill and speed.

No problem Rolling with women at BJJ either. Again, it's a good chance to take power out of the equation and work on skill. I've never found it embarrassing(except when the woman is kicking my ass:redface:). Besides, a heavy Gi pretty much deadens any potentially embarrassing physical contact; she might as well be wearing Kevlar all over...

Yes. I've sparred with women several times. I use it to work on my skill and speed.

No problem Rolling with women at BJJ either. Again, it's a good chance to take power out of the equation and work on skill. I've never found it embarrassing(except when the woman is kicking my ass:redface:). Besides, a heavy Gi pretty much deadens any potentially embarrassing physical contact; she might as well be wearing Kevlar all over...

Lol, practicing mount holds or taking their back can be quite awkward.

Sparring with chicks is ok. Just control the power and try stuff.

Of course there are some akward moments like your foot gets stuck in her t-shirt on her tits pulling her bra out of place and stuff like that.

When I started kick boxing I did some light sparring with a girl and at some moment I tried a controlled drop kick. Somehow she moved in a weird way and my heel landed on her nose, making her bleed. These little accidents can always happen and between guys it's just a "sorry brah" moment. But not only she was a girl, but she was smoking hot, so it really sucked.

It's all right just watch your control and don't kick them in the groin or chest and you're ok. I agree with the guy that said to work defense.

Lol, practicing mount holds or taking their back can be quite awkward.

To be honest, I'm usually too busy trying to avoid getting Tapped Out to feel embarrassed!:redface:

The one thing I don't like is putting any kind of Choke on a female. It just feels...wrong somehow.

of course. it woudl be unfair not to spar with a girl. She is paying and training too. YOu can spar wihtout going 100%. WOrk on technique and defense.

I've sparred with girls, one of which was holly holm. I felt like a punching bag trying to spar with her

I had a girl as my main sparring partner for like a year. She was bigger than me and the national champ so I didn't have to watch my power too much. When she left my gym, my skill level dropped off.

thats always weird, i dont strike, or do anything when im facing a girl, i just take a nice beating.

Well. There are some "girls" that can hang with the guys. Look at some of the women's pro fighters.With those types I wouldn't feel to guilty going all out. As for most women,just don't hit hard.

Yeah I usually go light and work on combos and defense. Unless they amp up the intensity.

of course. it woudl be unfair not to spar with a girl. She is paying and training too. YOu can spar wihtout going 100%. WOrk on technique and defense.

I've sparred with girls, one of which was holly holm. I felt like a punching bag trying to spar with her

Well she's no Holly Holm lol, and we go to different gyms, but she asked me if I want to spar with her because she can't find someone that wants to in her gym. I think she's going through that invincibility phase when you feel like no one can touch you. Anyway, I don't want to be the one to damage her confidence, so I might just go light and improve defense like other people have said.

Never sparred a girl, but I have rolled (bjj) with some.

During one seminar I partnered with a very hot girl - anyhow I'm waiting in her guard as she's listening to instructions (with her feel down and legs apart) and I turn and see my
then-girlfriend (who hadn't expected to turn up) giving the evil stink eye.

My three-some proposal was not met with laughter.

Sparred with many girls, I didn't even realise they were girls cause I just didn't give a shit. We practicing lightly anyway so I had no problems hitting her in the face.

Though I do remember when I was a kid and was hitting pads with a pro chick fighter. The drill was to do an inside leg kick, I kicked a little too high and was close to her va-jay-jay. My initial thought was damn her skin was so nice and smooth.

Back