sparred tonight...took a hard hit to the jaw...and now I can't eat...help!

D

DKM76

I even had my mouth piece in, but I think he caught me at a moment when I had my mouth a bit open (I don't know if that makes a difference). Can you still get a painful jaw like this even if you had a mouthpiece? My ear hurts too :eek: I sparred plenty of times before, but this is the first one that's hurt the jaw.

Question: can you still open and close your mouth?

Also, if there any fluid/drainage/blood coming from your ear?

If the answer to these two questions is no, you should be okay. You'll experience pain for a while longer, but no need to worry about anything serious.

When I trained boxing I got punched HARD right on the ear and couldnt close my back teeth for like 3 weeks.

You guys are making this judoka think twice about starting up boxing. Damn...

stop being a wuss. that happens all the time. it just goes away. but it hurts and makes me :icon_cry2

james7307301 said:
stop being a wuss. that happens all the time. it just goes away. but it hurts and makes me :icon_cry2

All to true.... give it a day or two and it will go a way.

It will be gone in a day or two. Just take some ibuprofen or aleve and suck it up.

Having your mouth open makes a huge difference. This can lead to getting your jaw broken or sprained. I've had my jaw sprained before it does hurt like a bitch. Just remeber bite down on your mouthpiece.

in BJJ i once got RNC'd w/ my chin down and tapped late, and i couldn't eat too. it was sharpful painful. it'll go away.

i was doing bjj training one day and the guy was kinda in the butskoot position and i was crouching trying to get side mount buy running around him anyway somehow i got hit with a big knee on my jaw next to my ear,
didn't hurt much but now ive always what i describe as "sand" and i hear a crunchy/clicky sound when i move my jaw around,

got the gloves out on boxing day (no pun intended) and we had a few laughs i got caught with a right hook that gave me a headache for two days

probable lost a few brain cells but such is life

deadlyshaolin said:
Question: can you still open and close your mouth?

Also, if there any fluid/drainage/blood coming from your ear?

If the answer to these two questions is no, you should be okay. You'll experience pain for a while longer, but no need to worry about anything serious.

yeah I was able to open/close the mouth and no fluid or blood from the ear. I feel normal now

IMustBreakYou said:
Having your mouth open makes a huge difference. This can lead to getting your jaw broken or sprained. I've had my jaw sprained before it does hurt like a bitch. Just remeber bite down on your mouthpiece.

Yeah, I gotta remember to bite down on the mouth piece. Also, I noticed that whenever I give my opponet too much respect, I get beaten badly.

hmm i think that was the first thing i learnt, bite down on the mouthpeice

just got back from mma we did boxing themes i fought a heavy puncher got hit by a huge uppercut and now i have the same issue

i can open and close my mouth but cant make my back theet touch each other like before idk how can i know that if its dislocated ?

i had my mouth open like an idiot the whole round to breathe

Last edited by a moderator:
just got back from mma we did boxing themes i fought a heavy puncher got hit by a huge uppercut and now i have the same issue

i can open and close my mouth but cant make my back theet touch each other like before idk how can i know that if its dislocated ?

i had my mouth open like an idiot the whole round to breathe
Just drink booze instead, no need to eat

just eat some soups mang it will go away

Ok thanks i can move my mouth a little bit more than yesterday even if the pain is stil here its getting better i think it may be my mouseguard

2 days later its completely gone i can chew etc ty for the anwsers !

Ok thanks i can move my mouth a little bit more than yesterday even if the pain is stil here its getting better i think it may be my mouseguard

2 days later its completely gone i can chew etc ty for the anwsers !
drink booze and you never lose if you do then it's time for two

have you ever seen when goku absorbs energy from the plants and deers and world for the spirit bomb ? do that

Back