Sparred for the first time today...

I think you are missing the point. We do it for FUN. I'm not as Semper Fi about the whole thing as you probably are. I do it just to duke it out a little and for some cardiovascular benefit, If I wanted to compete of course I would join a gym, it's just not one of my goals right now. And if I eventually have to unlearn some of the things I used to do then that's not such a huge deal.

lol. eh, used to backyard box all the time, so i dont have a beef with it.

But yeah, Just go nuts and shuck and jive like you know how to box? Besides, in the end thats all you're really going to be doing anyways HAHA! Regardless of what information we give you in this thread.

You'll probablly look like less of a dummy just swinging haymakers, than bobbing and weaving and slipping and all the other shit we'll tell you to do. Besides, like Rinksterk said, You'd be doing it all wrong anyways. Whats the point? If you're do it wrong, it wont be effective while you're fighting your friend. So in reality we'd actually be helping you get your ass kicked. So shit..you should be THANKING us. LOL!

But hey, i'll give you some advice. This is what worked for me while sparring my friends. Put your head down and throw a big overhand RIGHT. I landed that quite alot. Since your friend doesnt know how to throw uppercuts and his shots to the back of the head wont even phase you since you've been KO'd so many times. With this technique you're set to teach that buddy of yours a lesson in some good ol fashioned backyard boxing.

See?? We're not all prudes.

Now use this knowledge i have bestowed upon you and go have fun knocking out that punkass friend of yours.

I think you are missing the point. We do it for FUN. I'm not as Semper Fi about the whole thing as you probably are. I do it just to duke it out a little and for some cardiovascular benefit, If I wanted to compete of course I would join a gym, it's just not one of my goals right now. And if I eventually have to unlearn some of the things I used to do then that's not such a huge deal.

Sure, but imagine if I said, "I'm a bodybuilder," and started stuffing myself with roids and starving myself and then came on one of your message boards and said, "I'm just doing a little bodybuilding. I'm not wanting to compete." What would you guys say to me? I bet you'd say, "You're not fucking bodybuilding."

I know you're not getting ready to compete, but when one of you guys catches the other one with an elbow and pushes his nose up into his brain and dies, out comes the local news. And we all know how the local news is; if they can get a mom crying on tape, that shit leads off. So your Mom is crying and saying, "My little boy, he just loved MMA so much. He was sparring MMA with his friend and now he's dead." Then your congressman, who's a fucking mope and hasn't done anything for his district in the two years he's been in DC, figures, "Now here's a fucking issue I can get elected on," and takes it upon himself to introduce Federal legislation trying to ban Mixed Martial Arts competitions.

So, in summation, if you and your buddy want to nail each other in the face and not get better at it just for the sake of it, that's up to you. But call it, "Fight Club." Or call it, "Slap and Tickle." But, for the love of god, don't call it "sparring" and don't call it "MMA," because I don't want it affecting my life when one of you gets hurt.

In return for this, I promise not to bang a bunch of roids into a vein in my ass, sit around my house eating Oreos, and call it "bodybuilding."

Deal?

I know you're not getting ready to compete, but when one of you guys catches the other one with an elbow and pushes his nose up into his brain and dies, out comes the local news.

That's been proven as a myth. But the latter part of your post was good.

that's the only way you're gonna learn.. sparring, sparring, and more sparring..learn to love it.. or take knitting..

body building is actually not all its cracked up to be when you wanna fight
my muat thai instructor told me so, when you weight life you build muscle in your arms and make them heavier and fatter, causing you to not be able to extand them as fast and as far as you normally could

You sound like a loser who tries to play off his mediocrity by mocking people who are actually committed and are doing something "oh boo hoo I dont train Im not all semper fi" - well fuck off then. No one cares about you and your pussy friends trying to beat each other up, youre the people we laugh at on YouTube - go and make some videos, tard.

Sure, but imagine if I said, "I'm a bodybuilder," and started stuffing myself with roids and starving myself and then came on one of your message boards and said, "I'm just doing a little bodybuilding. I'm not wanting to compete." What would you guys say to me? I bet you'd say, "You're not fucking bodybuilding."

I know you're not getting ready to compete, but when one of you guys catches the other one with an elbow and pushes his nose up into his brain and dies, out comes the local news. And we all know how the local news is; if they can get a mom crying on tape, that shit leads off. So your Mom is crying and saying, "My little boy, he just loved MMA so much. He was sparring MMA with his friend and now he's dead." Then your congressman, who's a fucking mope and hasn't done anything for his district in the two years he's been in DC, figures, "Now here's a fucking issue I can get elected on," and takes it upon himself to introduce Federal legislation trying to ban Mixed Martial Arts competitions.

So, in summation, if you and your buddy want to nail each other in the face and not get better at it just for the sake of it, that's up to you. But call it, "Fight Club." Or call it, "Slap and Tickle." But, for the love of god, don't call it "sparring" and don't call it "MMA," because I don't want it affecting my life when one of you gets hurt.

In return for this, I promise not to bang a bunch of roids into a vein in my ass, sit around my house eating Oreos, and call it "bodybuilding."

Deal?

Holy shit this is ridiculous, what the hell would you expect me to call it? Whether or not I am doing it as crisp as the next guy(who's coach could be a total moron for I know), it's sparring nonetheless. I understand what you're saying about the level of dedication not being there, but I see no harm some friendly competition with my friend. Chill out on the sensitivity man, I'm certainly not going to ruin your aspirations as a mixed martial artist by halfway fighting someone in their backyard.

You sound like a loser who tries to play off his mediocrity by mocking people who are actually committed and are doing something "oh boo hoo I dont train Im not all semper fi" - well fuck off then. No one cares about you and your pussy friends trying to beat each other up, youre the people we laugh at on YouTube - go and make some videos, tard.

Well if you actually read my posts you would have seen that I never claimed to be skilled or entirely dedicated in the first place, and am in no way mocking anyone. In fact I posted so that I could maybe get some advice, but instead I get mostly replies that turn out to not even be worth reading by assholes like you. Real helpful, this site. You sound like some some poor loser who has way too much free time on his hands.

In fact I posted so that I could maybe get some advice, but instead I get mostly replies that turn out to not even be worth reading by assholes like you. Real helpful, this site.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

Back