Spanish town to vote on name change

there are people with the name adolf
true story

From the linked article:

..But he said vestiges of Spain's historical intolerance to Jews remain in places like the northwestern town of Leon, where an old Spanish expression "killing Jews" was used to mean drinking wine with lemonade during Easter week.

"Let's hope this change in attitude finishes up eliminating such unfortunate expressions," he said....

oh shit! political correctness is out of control! ;)

I would be against destroying a nazi monument, but i see no historical value in keeping that name.

I wonder how many idiots are gonna vote against the name change on the grounds of "tradition" and "history"

Haha, but come on that is a pretty bold a$$ name right there.

vin_diesel.jpg

Don't blame them. I don't like the name "fort" either. I'm a pacifist.

Whats wrong with that name? Jk

But seriously Jews have killed people of other races in massive amounts since the beginning of time yet everyone is supposed to get all sad because of the holocaust? All of the powerful jews escaped the holocaust, it was only the poor or middle class jews that got killed. Sorry for the rant. But seriously the Jews have been behind so many wars and genocide its not even funny

Aren't you late for a Klan meeting or something?

PC is out of control.

The whole world will be ghey, and pc by 2050.

Kinda funny that they actually have to vote on it.

oh shit! political correctness is out of control! ;)

I would be against destroying a nazi monument, but i see no historical value in keeping that name.

Likely because you actually know nothing about Spanish history. That's not meant to offend you, but everyone seems to be an expert on everything these days.

Aren't you late for a Klan meeting or something?

To state European gentiles have killed Jews is never considered offensive, why does stating the opposite, something which can be historically documented, make someone a "KKK-member"?

Obviously you didn't ask if he is late for a meeting at the local Mosque or NOI chapter. Wonder why ^^

Likely because you actually know nothing about Spanish history. That's not meant to offend you, but everyone seems to be an expert on everything these days.

Well i am a historian, so i do have some basic knowledge about Spanish history, even thought i am not Spanish.

Well i am a historian, so i do have some basic knowledge about Spain for someone who is not Spanish.

Tell us something interesting about the followers of the Jewish religion during the centuries of Muslim occupation. Political alliances are a good start.

How is that relevant?

It might explain the historical background of such religiously themed towns. You are quite the historian it seems. I did not know there is a difference between "irrelevant history" and "relevant history". Interesting.

Back