Spain to overtake Japan in Life Expectancy by the year 2040

Good climate
Overall good culinary traditions
Functional healthcare
Beautiful women

I can see why Spain is ranked high

portada4-4.png

<36>

Haha oh man. I've worked at a lot of schools here, private and public. Tons of teachers have had break downs. The hikkikomori or self imposed isolation is real here. Mental health is still very much ignored here

That's unfortunate. Having a long but unfulfilling life is not living at all, you're just sorta exists.

Clearly, beauty is in the eyes of the beer-holder.

<Lmaoo> After the sun has set in Nueva Andalucia combined with binge drinking sangria at Pepe's bodega, you never know what's going to happen or which part belongs to whom or what...

<Lmaoo> After the sun has set in Nueva Andalucia combined with binge drinking sangria at Pepe's bodega, you never know what's going to happen or which part belongs to whom or what...

They may not have the most beautiful women, but sure as hell have the most beautiful men.

It was the same thing in the MidEast, when I lived there. The South Asians and MidEasterners didn't accept or acknowledge depression. In those cultures it was never seen as a legit medical condition. If a person brought up depression, society would laugh and admonish him/her for making excuses .
i think your right about that...south asians dont really believe in mild depression but will only acknowledge it as a health condition in severe cases. However, the west over diagnosis depression to the point where 13% of Americans over the age of 12 take anti-depressants. Depression is an illness but there is a difference between down on life when going through a rough patch vs real depression where even success doesnt equate to any happiness.

Good climate
Functional healthcare
Beautiful women

It has nothing to do with healthcare, climate, etc. America sucks overall because most Americans are fat and stupid. Go to a country where the people are fitter and when you get back, the average American looks grotesque, in the South legit like the average person is retarded. The Asian American life expectancy is 87 years old though.

Ranked 43rd and 78.7 years.

I know the ranking is bad but its really fucking good...it's amazing how much humans live expectancy has risen a shitload in the last 100 years, all over the world.

I know people are gonna bitch about America's score, but just keep that in perspective.

Imagine if we had universal healthcare instead of this waterdown crap.

This video puts things in perspective

How did you read that and not gather that universal healthcare would be an astronomical expense here?

Obesity, high blood pressure, AIDS, smoking, diabetes are the reasons for earlier deaths. If we have higher rates of those and other lifestyle factors, that is insanely expensive.

<puh-lease75>

With all those old people on the road they'll never get anywhere!

The top 10 countries with the highest average life expectancies forecasted for 2040 are:
  1. Spain - 85.8 years
  2. Japan - 85.7 years
  3. Singapore - 85.4 years
  4. Switzerland - 85.2 years
  5. Portugal - 84.5 years
  6. Italy - 84.5 years
  7. Israel - 84.4 years
  8. France - 84.3 years
  9. Luxembourg - 84.1 years
  10. Australia - 84.1 years

Hmmmm, Spain, Italy, France, and Portugal in the top 8.

Seems like there's two models to long lives: the East Asian one with its uber orderly, restrained, repressed culture. And the Mediterranean one with 2-hour lunches, 30-hour work weeks and celebrating everything that's pleasurable.

Mediterraneans for the win.

Surprised not to see any Scandinavian countries in the top 10. Too boring for their own good, I guess.

Haha oh man. I've worked at a lot of schools here, private and public. Tons of teachers have had break downs. The hikkikomori or self imposed isolation is real here. Mental health is still very much ignored here
That Shut up and Gambatte mentality.

Both those nations have well below replacement birth rates so while it's great that they have good life expectancy it's moot in the long run unless they change fundamentally.

Good climate
Functional healthcare
Beautiful women

Traveling in August is a great way to meet spanish chicks, btw.

Traveling in August is a great way to meet spanish chicks, btw.
someone like you getting with latin women let alone traveling sounds hilarious and yes a lie.

Both those nations have well below replacement birth rates so while it's great that they have good life expectancy it's moot in the long run unless they change fundamentally.

clones . going to buy from chinese.

Good climate
Functional healthcare
Beautiful women

Ummm, their food sucks compared to Mexico (hispanic vs hispanic) imo and as far as being successful as nation in the last 200 years well, they are basically the cousin living in their mom's basement. I guess you can't win them all though.

That said, Torrente is fucking hilarious!

Last edited:
Its not like they have jobs to cause stresses in their life

Back