Souza vs Vettori

Vettori will put the old man down for 3 rounds. Easy win.

Vettori fights like a dollar store prime years Weidman. Jacare might take this.

How many rounds is the fight ?

You got a lot of faith in a guy who's been in the UFC for 5 years and best win's Karl Roberson
To be fair, Roberson reignited Glover's career so the win pretty much seals the deal on Vettori making it to Izzy again.

Hard to say. Once fighters get older they can have bad camps going into a fight that affects how well they train. Nagging injuries, joint pain, etc... Jacare's been on the wrong end of some bad decisions and yes, his last fight against a champ was VERY competitive so you have to give him a chance. Vettori's claim to fame was a close loss to Israel who's fighting style is nothing like Jacare's. The rest of his wins were not against top fighters while Jacare's opponents read like a book of champions. I'd like to see Jacare finish him. I consider Jacare to be the best fighter who never wore the belt.

Vettori is going to send Jacare off to suck some cacare.....lol if that even makes sense

I'm thinking Jacare via sub in the 2nd round. I think he's coming back strong and people will be surprised. He's still that guy that though had some setbacks, he's still very tough to beat.

The only downside is he's already 40. But who knows. Look at Glover.

This fight is apparently happening on UFC 256, who do you guys favor? Jacare is seemingly "old and washed up" but his last fight was a split decision loss against the current 205 champ, think he's being underrated a lot.
Jacare is literally the most underrated MMA fighter of all time IMO.
Arguably a top 5-10 all time at 185 if he gets the Strikeforce decision vs prettyboy Rockhold or the Romero split War or had been given top fights in his prime.
Dude is now 40 with a ton of tread wear on his body (20 years of pro fighting) and still putting work on top 5 dudes (sadly with the chin and cardio going). Him and Romero are both legends who the UFC+Zuffa buried like xenophobic idiots during the 2000s while the hardcores were clamoring for them.

Last edited:
Jacare will submit Vettori as long as he gets it to the ground early.
If Souza hasn’t dragged it to the ground by the end of the second round he is going to be Outworked and outstruck and lose a unanimous decision.

That split decision featured 3 of the worst scorecards ever. Jan soundly outstruck Jacare all 5 rounds & stuffed every takedown. Home-cooking to give Jacare even 1 round.

As for this fight, I gotta favor Jacare but I think it will go the distance & boost Vettori's stock even if he loses.
I agree can’t believe I watched that whole fight tho was such a disappointment seeing jacare just wall and stall Jan the whole time.
<mma1>

Back