southpaws...

absofsteel1977

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
contrary to the popular notion of southpaws being defensive finesse boxers can any 1 list there top 3 southpaw punchers?

Marvin Hagler
Naseem Hamed
Sultan Ibragimov
Ruslan Chagaev

These are the only big hitting lefties i can think of right now.

Michael Moorer is up there. He could really swat. Though I heard he wasnt a genuine southy. I heard he switched to make his lead hand more powerful.

i think it must be noted that there is a lot more right hand converted southpaws in the last 15 years

There are a lot of left handers converting to orthodox stance. I was considering doing that during my amateur days. I would of had better ram-rod jab and left hook. However, I was just not comfortable with the position. Stayed with my southpaw stance.

There are a lot of left handers converting to orthodox stance. I was considering doing that during my amateur days. I would of had better ram-rod jab and left hook. However, I was just not comfortable with the position. Stayed with my southpaw stance.

Probably a good call. A lot of guys who convert over to having their power handas a lead end up one handed fighters.

Let's just say I rather have my straight left than a ram-rob left jab. And even though my right jab wasn't effective, my right hooks to the body and uppercut were decent.

Back