South Korea/ Seoul

Gandulf

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So, one of my friends is fighting on UFC fight night, and I am planning to go with them to South Korea.

How is the weather going to be in the end of november?

How are the people receptive to people with tattoos? Or is it looked down upon like in Japan?

Are there academies that are open to foreigners training there for a short amount of time?

How much money do I need for food? Me and my friends are big dudes...

i was there for a week in october of '07. the weather hadn't started getting chilly yet, but was cool not hot. i am heavily tattood, and i didn't have any problems. i was going through about 20-30K won a day on food which at the time was like $20-$30 american, but you will spend considerably more if you go out regularly at night and drink. didn't look into any training, was just visiting and sight seeing. my buddy taught esl there for several years, and trained at a few gyms, so you might be able to find some drop in rates for your stay. the city is clean, the food is delicious, the public transportation is excellent, and the girls are beautiful.

you will have a great time im sure.

North Korea and South Korea shelled each other today brother. Check the news. Its a big deal.

Is there a UFC event being held in Korea? I don't follow MMA anymore so I am completely out of the loop.

At the end of November it's going to chilly. How you take the cold may depend on where you're from, but personally, I go by on light or medium jackets. November and December is before it gets really cold.

It depends on where you go as far as Tatoos go. You might get some looks, but I doubt it will be a problem in Seoul for the most part. I have heard of people with a lot of tats being unwelcome at some places, but you should blend in if you go to the areas where a lot of younger/artsy/hipster type people frequent. Namely Hongdae and Itaewon.

Most MMA/BJJ gyms should be open to foreigners.

Food in Korea can be really cheap if you eat Korean, and it can be really expensive if you eat Western food. I'm talking 5-7 bucks for a bowl of rice, with all the accompanying sides of meat and veggies. Or you can end up paying 16 bucks for a shitty plate of pasta. There are plenty of 10-20 dollar buffets though. If you guys are big dudes who like eating meat, there are also Korean BBQ buffets where you can eat as much meat as you want for like 11-12 bucks.

time to cancel travel plans TS

also foods expensive in korea but the nite life is pretty awesome

also foods expensive in korea but the nite life is pretty awesome

What? food is extremely cheap compared to any coastal american city. Certain foods, like beef, are more expensive, but everything else costs about half what I would expect it to cost in the US. I'm sure there are some tourists traps, as I noticed prices do go up in Itewon where the americans hang out, but still not higher than a US city.

North Korea is crazy as shit.

bite your tongue.

784283_north-korea-is-best-korea_jpg782c53d60d8be77a723553a51b1c8884

What? food is extremely cheap compared to any coastal american city. Certain foods, like beef, are more expensive, but everything else costs about half what I would expect it to cost in the US. I'm sure there are some tourists traps, as I noticed prices do go up in Itewon where the americans hang out, but still not higher than a US city.

well ye beef. gotta spend like 20 bucks a meal :(

well ye beef. gotta spend like 20 bucks a meal :(

Eh, I've found it's just like here in the states - it depends on where/what you eat. The last time I was there was years ago, but you could get a decent meal for like 10 bones. Or you could eat at the Seoul Hilton and spend about 30x that

So, one of my friends is fighting on UFC fight night, and I am planning to go with them to South Korea.

How is the weather going to be in the end of november?

How are the people receptive to people with tattoos? Or is it looked down upon like in Japan?

Are there academies that are open to foreigners training there for a short amount of time?

How much money do I need for food? Me and my friends are big dudes...

Who is your friend and who is he fighting???

End of Nov. is pretty chilly, probably mid to upper 40's during the day.

Tattoos are very common place, though you might get some stares here and there esp from old folk if they are particularly wild or large.

Almost all bjj/mma places should be open and welcoming to foreigners. KTT, Zombie's gym, John Frankl BJJ, all places to check out that probably have at least a few English speakers.

Food is cheap if you know where to go. Local non-fancy Korean food spots charge like 6-7 bucks a meal, which come with a lot of side dishes. BBQ spots will be about $10 per 200g of pork, little more for beef. Also, no tipping!

I used to go to Seoul for work a lot. Me and my buddy would make fake business cards saying we worked for Samsung and put our phone numbers on them.

We'd go to clubs and bars, talk to girls a
Then slip the card to them. 9/10 times the girls would call us just an hour or 2 later and want to come over.

....then we would finger them with our dicks.

Seoul is ok, probably starting to get cold in November.

Who is your friend and who is he fighting???

End of Nov. is pretty chilly, probably mid to upper 40's during the day.

Tattoos are very common place, though you might get some stares here and there esp from old folk if they are particularly wild or large.

Almost all bjj/mma places should be open and welcoming to foreigners. KTT, Zombie's gym, John Frankl BJJ, all places to check out that probably have at least a few English speakers.

Food is cheap if you know where to go. Local non-fancy Korean food spots charge like 6-7 bucks a meal, which come with a lot of side dishes. BBQ spots will be about $10 per 200g of pork, little more for beef. Also, no tipping!

Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos. He is probably fighting Hyun Gyu Lim.

I have a few tattoos that draw a lot of attention. In Belgium and Brazil it's ok but in a lot of other countries I really have gotten bad looks :D. I have tattoos on my head too (not in my face, yet)

Thanks a lot for the replies guys, depending on how the situation evolves with North Korea we will travel or not.

I used to go to Seoul for work a lot. Me and my buddy would make fake business cards saying we worked for Samsung and put our phone numbers on them.

We'd go to clubs and bars, talk to girls a
Then slip the card to them. 9/10 times the girls would call us just an hour or 2 later and want to come over.

....then we would finger them with our dicks.

Seoul is ok, probably starting to get cold in November.

trickery rapery

Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos. He is probably fighting Hyun Gyu Lim.

I have a few tattoos that draw a lot of attention. In Belgium and Brazil it's ok but in a lot of other countries I really have gotten bad looks :D. I have tattoos on my head too (not in my face, yet)

Thanks a lot for the replies guys, depending on how the situation evolves with North Korea we will travel or not.

Nothing's going to happen other than a lot of bluster.

Back