South Korea Is Going Crazy Over a Handful of Refugees.

Yes, we should go the Amerikuricana route and just use the veneer of "common sense" to foreclose deeper thinking on an issue.

We shouldn't help people in need! Their lives aren't worth the hassle to us! Muh common sense!!!!!
Having people addicted to social welfare isn't helping them nor helping the host nation. Give a man a fish.... And he's addicted to welfare and commits a disproportionate amount of crime in their adopted home

No country should be obligated into taking large amounts of 3rd world muslims. It doesn’t make any sense at all.

Last edited:
Having people addicted to social welfare isn't helping them nor helping the host nation. Give a man a fish.... And he's addicted to welfare and commits a disproportionate amount of crime in their adopted home

Except there is absolutely zero data to support the conclusion that entitlements create any sort of dependence. On the contrary, there is plenty of data, however, showing that it correlates positively with upward economic mobility and worker participation (at least in the Western world).

Try again?

Except there is absolutely zero data to support the conclusion that entitlements create any sort of dependence. On the contrary, there is plenty of data, however, showing that it correlates positively with upward economic mobility and worker participation (at least in the Western world).

Try again?

If there’s plenty of data it should be easy for you to post it up for us right?

Can't blame them for wanting to keep their country ran how it's being ran and their culture the same.

Wish other countries would have the same backbone.

Try again?
Really? What data and in what circumstances? How about the rape and other crimes commuter by Muslim residents FAR out of proportion to their population. This is true throughout Europe

Kinda disappointing to see FP producing as emotionally charged and subjective an article as that.
I am pretty sure I remember that particular publication holding itself to far higher standards.

Went down a rabbit hole and ultimately ended up at youtube watching a video titled "Afghan Style". I don't recommend anyone else dig into this.

is this a bait truck ? of course im going to look now.

Islam brings nothing positive. No country, anywhere, ever is better off because of Islam.

i dont expect south korea to take in yemenis but if the time ever comes dont expext the west to shoulder the burden of your own people flooding south.

Asia has it right. They want to preserve their heritage and the see Islam for the trash it is and they don’t want any more of it.

Good for them. When I lived in China and the government started forcing muslim quarters to serve alcohol I just lol’d and went there for a beer sometimes. Islam is ok in its home countries but in the West and Asia, we’re better off without any of it.

That's part of why Korea will never be a great nation because at their core they know they have a weak culture.
Only weak cultures or people that are afraid their culture isn't strong enough have an irrational fear of refugees.
Look at countries like Poland, Hungary or Italy now. All weak inferior countries that have never amounted to anything unless they could ride along with their neighbors.
Why would I as a German for example believe that a bunch of refugees can change a culture that has a history stretching back 2000 years? Or France they have a similar culture. They are not afraid of a few refugees.

A lot of this anti-refugee stand is just people coming to terms that their culture is not that great and they are afraid.
That's why you always see people post pictures of African or Muslim with a knife or angry/threating. Because they are scared.

That being said letting in too many at a time is still stupid. But I don't see why you can't help out people in the region of a few hundred thousand.

Reminds me of an economist from Japan that visited Sweden recently and reported about Sweden as a horrible example of immigration going wrong.

Shit. It's almost as if refugees should be housed in countries with compatible cultures

If there’s plenty of data it should be easy for you to post it up for us right?

I mean...you could just compare the social mobility and worker participation data across Western countries and see the clear correlation with welfare spending: from Latin America - to the United States - to the UK - to Germany - to Scandinavia, the correlation is clear.

But....sure. I'll sashay over to Google and dig some stuff up. It's been kind of standard knowledge since the 1930s, so a lot of these contemporary pieces treat it as somewhat of a given premise.

15/06/2018 - As income inequality has increased since the 1990s, social mobility has stalled, meaning that fewer people at the bottom have moved up while the richest have largely kept their fortunes. This has severe social, economic and political consequences, according to a new OECD report.

A Broken Social Elevator? How to Promote Social Mobility
says that given current levels of inequality and intergenerational earnings mobility, it could take at least five generations or 150 years for the child of a poor family to reach the average income, on average across OECD countries.

This ranges from just two to three generations in the Nordic countries to nine generations or more in some emerging economies. One in three children with a low earning father will also have low earnings, while for most of the other two-thirds upward mobility is limited to the neighbouring earnings group.

“Too many people feel they are being left behind and their children have too few chances to get ahead,” said Gabriela Ramos, OECD Chief of Staff and Sherpa to the G20, who also oversees the OECD's Inclusive Growth Initiative. “We need to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to succeed, especially the most disadvantaged, and that growth becomes truly inclusive.”

Across generations, earnings mobility prospects tend to be weaker in countries where income inequality is high, and stronger in countries where inequality is low. The Nordic countries combine low inequality with high mobility whereas Latin American countries and some emerging economies have high inequality but low mobility.

Income mobility was a reality for many people born between 1955 and 1975 from low-educated parents but it has stagnated for those born after 1975.

Over the four year period observed in this report, about 60% of people remained stuck in the lowest 20% income bracket, while 70% remained at the top. At the same time, one-in-seven of all middle class households, and one-in-five of people living closer to lower incomes, fell into the bottom 20%.
http://www.oecd.org/newsroom/action-needed-to-tackle-stalled-social-mobility.htm

https://books.google.com/books?id=5...r participation&lr&pg=PP1#v=snippet&q&f=false

How Welfare and Work Policies Affect Employment and Income: A Synthesis of Research

Preferences for Redistribution in the Land of Opportunities - Economic Bureau of Research

Income Inequality, Equality of Opportunity, and Intergenerational Mobility

The case for government wage insurance to increase upward mobility - Brookings Institute (another Brookings piece on the effect of welfare entitlements, but with stress that it be conditional to ongoing employment: https://www.brookings.edu/research/welfare-and-the-economy/)

Downward redistribution of wealth through education and entitlements correlates with upward economic mobility at both the local and national level

That's part of why Korea will never be a great nation because at their core they know they have a weak culture.
Only weak cultures or people that are afraid their culture isn't strong enough have an irrational fear of refugees.
Look at countries like Poland, Hungary or Italy now. All weak inferior countries that have never amounted to anything unless they could ride along with their neighbors.
Why would I as a German for example believe that a bunch of refugees can change a culture that has a history stretching back 2000 years? Or France they have a similar culture. They are not afraid of a few refugees.

A lot of this anti-refugee stand is just people coming to terms that their culture is not that great and they are afraid.
That's why you always see people post pictures of African or Muslim with a knife or angry/threating. Because they are scared.

That being said letting in too many at a time is still stupid. But I don't see why you can't help out people in the region of a few hundred thousand.
It's all about demographics, if Muslims outbreed Germans, do you think German culture would still survive and be the culture immigrants integrate to?

That’s what I thought @Trotsky ...

lol @ you thinking that I would respond within ten minutes.

I actually put thought into my posts and make a good faith effort to answer inquiries. I don't shit post, then yell "GOTCHA" when I am not summarily owned and embarrassed within ten minutes of posting.

I mean...you could just compare the social mobility and worker participation data across Western countries and see the clear correlation with welfare spending: from Latin America - to the United States - to the UK - to Germany - to Scandinavia, the correlation is clear.

But....sure. I'll sashay over to Google and dig some stuff up. It's been kind of standard knowledge since the 1930s, so a lot of these contemporary pieces treat it as somewhat of a given premise.

http://www.oecd.org/newsroom/action-needed-to-tackle-stalled-social-mobility.htm

https://books.google.com/books?id=5zaa84FFNLwC&lpg=PR11&ots=08ENJQ5wNS&dq=welfare spending and worker participation&lr&pg=PP1#v=snippet&q&f=false

How Welfare and Work Policies Affect Employment and Income: A Synthesis of Research

Preferences for Redistribution in the Land of Opportunities - Economic Bureau of Research

Income Inequality, Equality of Opportunity, and Intergenerational Mobility

The case for government wage insurance to increase upward mobility - Brookings Institute (another Brookings piece on the effect of welfare entitlements, but with stress that it be conditional to ongoing employment: https://www.brookings.edu/research/welfare-and-the-economy/)

Downward redistribution of wealth through education and entitlements correlates with upward economic mobility at both the local and national level

Interesting, thanks for taking the time to compile that, I’m honestly curious to read through it all.

lol @ you thinking that I would respond within ten minutes.

I actually put thought into my posts and make a good faith effort to answer inquiries, you fucking putz. I don't sit on this site shit posting and yelling "GOTCHA" when I make a post and am not summarily owned and embarrassed within ten minutes of posting.

Well it was 31 minutes.

Back