South Florida Muay Thai

oh I'd like to know this too...I live in Hollywood...which is about 10 minuts from Miami.

anyone know a gym closer to miami than american topteam? it would be great to train there, but is a bit to far from miami beach.
it doesnt matter if its big or small all sugestions are welcome :D

American TKA Martial Arts in Davie, FL. Master Javier Gil is the main coach and Instructor Jose Caal helps run the muay thai classes and the grappling classes. Since I began training there my game has improved tremendously. Master Gil used to be the trainer of King Cobra Toleque who is now the Muay Thai coach at ATT. He has also trained Crafton Wallace who constantly comes by the school to visit from his school in Naples - Inferno Muay Thai. Its a small school but the training is tough. Muay Thai classes are Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.

If you guys need anymore info let me know.

South Florida Boxing 715 Washington Ave southfloridaboxing.com
Remy Bonnel who defeated Bang Ludwig in K-1 trains and teaches there.

In Kendall Thump Boxing Gym thumpboxinggym.com

American Top Team would be a great choice.

But Freestyle Fighting Academy is closer to you .... over by FIU.

King Coconut said:
American TKA Martial Arts in Davie, FL. Master Javier Gil is the main coach and Instructor Jose Caal helps run the muay thai classes and the grappling classes. Since I began training there my game has improved tremendously. Master Gil used to be the trainer of King Cobra Toleque who is now the Muay Thai coach at ATT. He has also trained Crafton Wallace who constantly comes by the school to visit from his school in Naples - Inferno Muay Thai. Its a small school but the training is tough. Muay Thai classes are Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.

I knew Toleque and trained with him, he was not trained by Javier Gil, Toleque is a Muay Thai fighter out of France maybe Gil helped him train, but was not the one that taught him Muay Thai. Toleque out of ATT is probably the best trainer in South Florida you can not get better training in that area. ATT also has awesome boxing caoch Howard Davis, Jr has helped many guys out of ATT who fought in UFC and Pride, the stand-up in ATT is the best quality trainers you can get. FFA I know has real good grappling, but I don't know about there stand-up, but I would assume they have something good going on there. There is also Fight Club in Miami beach, whitch i hear has some decent training. Hope this helps

King Coconut said:

I live in Plantation and I have been looking for a good school --- what are their rates, what do they offer and schedules? Thanks for the help- also, there appears to be a few of us from the area -- anyone want to get together and train. My training partner is going to Iraq for a tour of duty and I find it hard to motivate alone.

I train Muay Thai at Thump Boxing Gym in Kendall, if you do a quick search on yahoo, you'll find the website. If you are going to train with American Top Team DO NOT go to their Miami branch, I went there and I think they just purchase the right to use their name for advertising and thats all. The main guy is a karate guy (who was rude and not really helpful) and they also do jui jitsu, but they do not do any stand up other than personal defense where you will find many 40 yo women. I am sure the ATT in Lauderdale is better but the one in Miami on Bird Road has nothing to do with mma.

Tank789 said:
I train Muay Thai at Thump Boxing Gym in Kendall, if you do a quick search on yahoo, you'll find the website. If you are going to train with American Top Team DO NOT go to their Miami branch, I went there and I think they just purchase the right to use their name for advertising and thats all. The main guy is a karate guy (who was rude and not really helpful) and they also do jui jitsu, but they do not do any stand up other than personal defense where you will find many 40 yo women. I am sure the ATT in Lauderdale is better but the one in Miami on Bird Road has nothing to do with mma.

ok cool thanks for the answer only been in maimi once and i dont know the area so good. But what do you think is the travel time to kendall from maimi beach if you go by buss or train? im gonna check out their website out now
also heard about this fight club do you know anything about them?

munzo said:
ok cool thanks for the answer only been in maimi once and i dont know the area so good. But what do you think is the travel time to kendall from maimi beach if you go by buss or train? im gonna check out their website out now
also heard about this fight club do you know anything about them?
yea I also heard of a place called FIGHT CLUB, I think they are in downtown miami and if you do a search on yahoo you'll probably find them too.

If you are in Miami beach and your only way of transportation is bus I think Fight Club would be much closer to you than Thump in Kendall. Are you starting out or you already trained before?

Tank789 said:
yea I also heard of a place called FIGHT CLUB, I think they are in downtown miami and if you do a search on yahoo you'll probably find them too.

If you are in Miami beach and your only way of transportation is bus I think Fight Club would be much closer to you than Thump in Kendall. Are you starting out or you already trained before?

acctuly i think Fighy club its gonna be, cuasu the fact that i dont have a car there. ive send them lke 2 emails a week ago but they havent respond, maybe it easier just to visit the place when u are there...
I have trainded for like two and a half years... but after miami im going to meet up whit my original gym(from sweden) in the west indies, antigua, for a three weeks traininng camp. so its gonna be some hard trianing on this vacation! =)
if im lucky my relatives wont be needing thier car someday than will ill barrow it and visit thump gym, would be awesome!

You will find excellent full contact training in Palm Beach County (Boynton Beach off of Hypoloxo Road). Kyokushin Karate is known to be a traditional karate style which is full contact (Kyokushin fighters often fight Muay Thai and K1 fighters). You can see our dojo's web site at:
http://www.kyokushinkarate.us/

Feel free to come by and try it out for free. Just mention you saw the web site.

Shambala

You will find excellent full contact training in Palm Beach County (Boynton Beach off of Hypoloxo Road). Kyokushin Karate is known to be a traditional karate style which is full contact (Kyokushin fighters often fight Muay Thai and K1 fighters). You can see our dojo's web site at:
http://www.kyokushinkarate.us/

Feel free to come by and try it out for free. Just mention you saw the web site.

Shambala

OHH kool you are training with Zsolt!!! Kool guy hard-core Kyokushinkai out of Hungary. Great place and a great group of people there.

They do have open gym a bit, but they do have a lot of classes. 37 classes a week all together. They also have around 16 instructors, so their are quite a bit of classes. Plus kimbo slice trains there, lol.

South Florida Boxing 715 Washington Ave southfloridaboxing.com
Remy Bonnel who defeated Bang Ludwig in K-1 trains and teaches there.

In Kendall Thump Boxing Gym thumpboxinggym.com

thnks man i live 18 min away

edit: IM A BLUE BELT

Back