South Bay Jiu-Jitsu in Hermosa Beach

Eusung

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Anyone train there? How is it?

Who are the instructors or other black belts?

Thanks but I'm looking for opinions from people who have trained there. I'd like to know what type of atmosphere the club has, how much no-gi they train, how many black belts, how many ppl in a class, pricing, etc.

it's a very small place, and very personal. the main trainer is bob bass, a member of the rascals. matyushenko also used to train there, among others. Some instructors come over from boxing works to help on the stand up. When i used to go it was a very fun place and very helpful. I'd much rather go there then the Gracie gym in torrance.

Now you just have to find a way to send your post back in time 4 years to when this old-ass thread was created, and Eusung will be all set.

Now you just have to find a way to send your post back in time 4 years to when this old-ass thread was created, and Eusung will be all set.
It's okay! I'm back!!!!

I wonder if that gym still exists.

I never did get the chance to train at Boxing Works in Hermosa Beach. Back in those times Erik Paulson taught no-gi catch wrestling once a week there. Many of my training partners at RCJ Machado cross trained there for striking (Boxing Works).

I remember Dan Henderson wearing a Boxing Works cap in his UFC debut. Pretty cool.

Back