Sources say Shock G of Digital Underground is dead at 57

SteveColdStone

School of Self Awareness
@Silver
Reaction score
Hopefully not.

There’s a saying that goes “bad news comes in threes” and the rap community is experiencing the adage firsthand.

According to sources, rap veteran Shock G of Digital Underground has passed away following the tragic death of DMX on April 9th and Black Rob on April 17th.

So far, a cause of death has not been revealed, but a source close to friend of Digital Underground confirmed the tragic news to AllHipHop.com.

The rapper/keyboardist was responsible for a number of influential singles, including Digital Undergrounds hit song “The Humpty Dance,” as his alter ego Humpty Hump.

“The Humpty Dance” hit #1 on on Billboard’s Rap Singles chart.

Shock G was also instrumental in the development of Tupac Shakur’s career. Shock G introduced Pac to the world on the group’s#### single “Same Song.”

Shock G was also the producer, and featured on Tupac’s breakthrough single “I Get Around,” from the album Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z

Additionally, Shock G produced Tupac’s classic track “So Many Tears” from his album Me Against The World.

Outside of his work with Tupac, Shock G produced tracks for artists like Dr. Dre, Monie Love, Raw Fusion, D.U. group member Money B, Luniz, pop legend Prince, Mac Mall, Murs, KRS-One, and others.

https://allhiphop.com/news/shock-g-digital-underground-dead-at-57/

RIP Shock G!
Here's to helping me get my blue belt.

R.I.P Shock G
giphy.gif

Damn... My 75 year old Dad still likes to rock that song when we get together and drink. He will play it on his Alexa. I thought it was awesome that he liked that song when I was a kid, as he's an Elvis and Beatles kind of guy when it comes to music. RIP.

Back