Source: Bjorn Rebney"UFC's decision to fire Rousimar Palhares this week was spot on"

NYmmamafia, do you know how hard Palhares life was? We should forgive his wrongdoings because he had a hard life! We should also forgive Hitler cause he almost drowned as a kid.

Not that that Bjorn doesn't support fighter safety, but to me it seems that he said this knowing that WSOF could possibly pay better than Bellator, but now WSOF would look horrible for signing Palhares.

Rebney playing mind games with Dana again, I think this guy is going to school Dana White in the public arena.

For years Dana has had free reign to mouth off, tell half truths or completely lie, flip flop and back-flip when it suits him, or when he doesn't have a leg to stand on he publicly berates and character assassinates people.

Rebney will rip him to shreds in a battle of wits and Dana will get exposed as a loudmouth who blusters and bullies.

LOL you don't know these guys, but anyone who does will tell you that Rebney out-assholes Dana any day of the week. You should hear this guy on the phone doing business.... He's like his dad except he's not funny or kidding around

Rebney doesn't want Palhares mauling Askren is all. Askren is his meal ticket for the moment.

Rebney playing mind games with Dana again, I think this guy is going to school Dana White in the public arena.

For years Dana has had free reign to mouth off, tell half truths or completely lie, flip flop and back-flip when it suits him, or when he doesn't have a leg to stand on he publicly berates and character assassinates people.

Rebney will rip him to shreds in a battle of wits and Dana will get exposed as a loudmouth who blusters and bullies.

Ummm what? I don't see this happening but what??

Protecting Askren, knows Palhares would rip his leg clean off and give it to Dana as an offering of peace

Pity he can't school him in the bank account arena - you know the place that actually matters?

I kind of wonder if any fighters would be willing to fight Palhares at this point? Knowing that he's going to go for a leg lock, and if he gets it, you'll end up fucked up would be a pretty strong motivation to refuse to fight him.

I almost wonder if this wasn't some sort of psychological game on Palhares's part that blew up in his face. Maybe he wanted to be feared as someone who would injure you in order to get in other fighters' heads.

Decent grapplers with power like Nate, Hector, Belcher, Hendo etc had no problems with Paul.

Paul is a typical bully - picks on the weak and gets destroyed by the strong.

I already said in another thread this would happen. Rebney doesn't want a UFC "reject" to run through his whole division making them look bad. Same reason he passed on Fitch.

Gol damn it you're some kind of Zuffa Zombie.

Fitch is a boring fighter who commanded a higher paycheck than your standard tournament participant. As if there couldn't have been other reasons to pass on him. The UFC canned him because he was boring too. If he was boring for the UFC, he would have been boring for Bellator. Bellator are showing they care about excitement level, ala the UFC, in releasing good fighters for their organization after one loss due to being boring, i.e.: Aliev and Indio. They even released boring Bruno Santos after a win, and soon after he signed with the UFC. Interest in excitement level is the reason they have limited interest in retaining Askren.

And Fitch just got knocked silly by another UFC reject in WSOF, which is evidence against your argument that every good UFC fighter beats everyone who is good hanging outside the UFC for a while. Incidentally, Burkman only won a split decision against a guy who went 0-3 in Bellator (Jordan Smith). Plus, Burkman doesn't hit nearly as hard as Lima. In addition, Maia's wrestling pales in comparison to Askren's, who won the Hodge twice, unlike nobody in the UFC has once. Fitch probably wouldn't have beaten Askren or Lima. You're projecting your own deification of UFC names.

If Bellator is so concerned about the perception that Zuffa "rejects" will be considered elite in Bellator, then why do they do things like set up Kongo, King Mo, War Machine, Saunders, etc. to make runs deep into tourneys by throwing them softballs until at least the finals, if not the whole way through? You wouldn't know this though probably because you don't follow Bellator which is why you don't know shit about their roster.

BTW, Palhares got released for disciplinary reasons off an emphatic win over a top 20 ww. It wasn't off a performance. So if he did well in Bellator's ww division especially, it would hardly make Bellator look bad, not like they care about that these days as previously aforementioned. Maybe, just maybe, the reason they're passing on Palhares, is the reason they say. They don't want him injuring other fighters on their roster. Just like being boring, that would be a drawback for a fighter on any roster.

Protecting Askren, knows Palhares would rip his leg clean off and give it to Dana as an offering of peace

Protecting a restricted free agent who likely won't end up back with their organization - that's a theory which makes sense.

Gol damn it you're some kind of Zuffa Zombie.

Fitch is a boring fighter who commanded a higher paycheck than your standard tournament participant. As if there couldn't have been other reasons to pass on him. The UFC canned him because he was boring too. If he was boring for the UFC, he would have been boring for Bellator. Bellator are showing they care about excitement level, ala the UFC, in releasing good fighters for their organization after one loss due to being boring, i.e.: Aliev and Indio. They even released boring Bruno Santos after a win, and soon after he signed with the UFC. Interest in excitement level is the reason they have limited interest in retaining Askren.

And Fitch just got knocked silly by another UFC reject in WSOF, which is evidence against your argument that every good UFC fighter beats everyone who is good hanging outside the UFC for a while. Incidentally, Burkman only won a split decision against a guy who went 0-3 in Bellator (Jordan Smith). Plus, Burkman doesn't hit nearly as hard as Lima. In addition, Maia's wrestling pales in comparison to Askren's, who won the Hodge twice, unlike nobody in the UFC has once. Fitch probably wouldn't have beaten Askren or Lima. You're projecting your own deification of UFC names.

If Bellator is so concerned about the perception that Zuffa "rejects" will be considered elite in Bellator, then why do they do things like set up Kongo, King Mo, War Machine, Saunders, etc. to make runs deep into tourneys by throwing them softballs until at least the finals, if not the whole way through? You wouldn't know this though probably because you don't follow Bellator which is why you don't know shit about their roster.

BTW, Palhares got released for disciplinary reasons off an emphatic win over a top 20 ww. It wasn't off a performance. So if he did well in Bellator's ww division especially, it would hardly make Bellator look bad, not like they care about that these days as previously aforementioned. Maybe, just maybe, the reason they're passing on Palhares, is the reason they say. They don't want him injuring other fighters on their roster. Just like being boring, that would be a drawback for a fighter on any roster.
dude he doesnt need to make that announcement other than the fact he wants everyone to know he's not picking up ufc scraps. bellator has a bunch of ufc scraps but that doesnt change the fact that they dont want that image. the was the purpose behind his message and its pretty transparent. personally i think it was a smart move if he had no plans of signing palhares

dude he doesnt need to make that announcement other than the fact he wants everyone to know he's not picking up ufc scraps. bellator has a bunch of ufc scraps but that doesnt change the fact that they dont want that image. the was the purpose behind his message and its pretty transparent. personally i think it was a smart move if he had no plans of signing palhares

That's immaterial to my point or his. My point was Bjorn didn't pass on Palhares because they viewed him as a threat to their division(s).

As far as your reasoning as to why he made that announcement, it's probably not true though either. Palhares is not a UFC scrap for performance, like I said, or problems outside the cage. They've happily accepted fighters with that type of baggage. This doesn't portray them as an organization that won't accept fighters not good enough for UFC. Palhares is good enough for UFC. The reason for the announcement was either just a reporter was interested in alternatives for Palhares and thus asked Rebney about it, or he's looking for attention for the ppv. They need all the help they can get on that front.

Not that that Bjorn doesn't support fighter safety, but to me it seems that he said this knowing that WSOF could possibly pay better than Bellator, but now WSOF would look horrible for signing Palhares.

I agree, WSOF would look horrible signing Palhares.
I dont even think there is even a thought the WSOF would ever entertain the idea of siging a Palhares.
No big time organization trying to bulid their promotion is going to sign Pahhares because he is too much risk for the company.

WSOF wont sign Palhares either , they just signed a network deal with with NBC Sports to air all of their events last year.
No way do they risk letting a guy with Palhares past history of repete offences into ther organization when they are trying to build their brand on a network like NBC. Back to Brazil for Palhares.

It's unsportsman like

but this pussifies MMA

Most fans WANT to see the submission held in

Back