Source: Bjorn Rebney"UFC's decision to fire Rousimar Palhares this week was spot on"

Good, Rousimar can take is thug street life leg locks to the favelas, go break someones knee in the favelas and enjoy the stomping of a life time from about 300 angry brasileros!!

Exactly, that's not a PPV and it's widely regarded as one of the worst cards ever. The fact that you have to bring this card up to compare it to Rampage/Tito about says it all.

I don't think Rampage/Tito is PPV worthy but I would definitely prefer it to main event over the Kennedy fight

i just see it this way, its bellators first ppv and they need al the star power they can get in order to expose their true talent.

who knows, maybe their next ppv can be headlined by chandler, alvarez or both because they got the exposure needed from this event to headline a card themselves?

Deep 70 Impact: Imanari vs Palhares

Loser never walks again.

I feel bad for other MW/WW's if Palhares ends up joining a small fed where he is the big fish in a small pond. That's an infinite number of knees that are about to get fucked up

that's a good point. someone somewhere is going to pick him up and then all hell is going to break loose.

can you imagine what will happen with drastically worse competition (i.e. a leg lock finish every time) and refs that don't know what they're doing? bad news.

Lol, Some of you Americans think MMA is UFC, Bellator and that other one. Brazil is taming with growing MMA promotions from North to South of the country, who would happly sign Palhares as a star attraction. He can also work in gyms or probably open a gym so many 2/3 rate Brazilians have done it in the US making good money, having seminars.

Either being a star in an MMA promotion in Brazil or working behind the scenes, unless he is really badly managed, Palhares will still be making more money than the majority in here, no worries.

He just needs a couple fights in Brazil while the heat dies down, get a couple subs (and let go) someone will pick him up

i just see it this way, its bellators first ppv and they need al the star power they can get in order to expose their true talent.

who knows, maybe their next ppv can be headlined by chandler, alvarez or both because they got the exposure needed from this event to headline a card themselves?

While Tito and Rampage are big names, I think anybody that knows them knows that they are irrelevant. I don't think either one of them has enough star power left to really add anything to the PPV.

While Tito and Rampage are big names, I think anybody that knows them knows that they are irrelevant. I don't think either one of them has enough star power left to really add anything to the PPV.

Well Bellator /Viacom seems to think different.
It seems Rampage is also getting his own reality series on Spike called "Rampage for real"

I said a couple days ago they would not want any part of him! He is a tarnished fighter, only his fans think it was a bad cut... the poll on mmafighting was 90% in favor of the cut a couple days back.

Well Bellator /Viacom seems to think different.
It seems Rampage is also getting his own reality series on Spike called "Rampage for real"

While I'm not nearly as rich as the two parties involved, people who run TV companies makes huge mistakes every year

What I don't understand is that what Daley did is NOWHERE near as bad as what Dan Henderson did but Daley catches all the flack.

It would be one thing if Hendo stopped, saw he was out and then did it, it was all one fluid motion from the KO to the H-bomb there was no malicious thinking, that's just the follow up, the ref should have been on it. Daley had to wait till Kos released him and then walked over an sucker punched a dude he couldn't touch during the fight. Not even the same league, hell not even the same sport

While I'm not nearly as rich as the two parties involved, people who run TV companies makes huge mistakes every year

For sure.
I cant see this becoming a success.
But it does show how much Bellator/ Viacom believes or hopes in Rampage.

For sure.
I cant see this becoming a success.
But it does show how much Bellator/ Viacom believes or hopes in Rampage.

It just comes off to me as a desperate grab for attention. Similar to TNA signing whatever falls off a WWE truck

It would be one thing if Hendo stopped, saw he was out and then did it, it was all one fluid motion from the KO to the H-bomb there was no malicious thinking, that's just the follow up, the ref should have been on it. Daley had to wait till Kos released him and then walked over an sucker punched a dude he couldn't touch during the fight. Not even the same league, hell not even the same sport

Exactly, Henderson did the same move to Wanderlei after he dropped him and tried it against Jake Shields. It was just a follow up

He's done, you wont see a top organization take a chance with a guy like Palhares with his past history.

Here are the facts!

Palhares has a huge history of doing this and thats why he is now banned from the UFC.
These are the FACTS!
In 2007 in Brazil Palhares choked Heilo Dipp unconscious with a rear-naked choke, he then had to be pulled off by the ref. FACT!

In his very NEXT FIGHT just 5 months later Palhares did it again with a heel-hook finish of Flavio Luiz Moura. FACT!

At UFC 111 against Tomasz Drwal, Palhares won with his heel hook, but he again held extra long again!.
The New Jersey State Athletic Commission suspended him for 90 days after that fight. FACT!

Palhares then pulls his same S*** again in the pierce fight and goes on to hold his heel hook submisssion after the ref came in to stop the fight. FACT! His native country even suspended him for 120 days! Fact

Pahhares also has a history at ADCC ! He did the same thing to David Avellan at ADCC. FACT!

His own coaches even knew he had a problem. Fact!

Quotes from his old coaches.

"I can say this - nobody ever defended him as much as I did every time he made a mistake like this. In the beginning I thought it was because he was naive or had too much nervous energy during the fights.

Back