Sorry but bareknuckle fights should NEVER go to decisions.

he retired undefeated. he only lost when he came back and literally had to lose over a 100lbs to fight jack johnson...who beat him up bad...might have been a different fight, if they fought in jeffries prime.

Absolutely. Jeffries had the first reign of terror over the heavyweight title and all his sparring partners said he looked like crap when he tried to come back.

It's bareknuckle boxing. It's one step above bum fights where you get to see old washed up fighters really go in there and lose what ever memories they had of their children. I can't understand the appeal
True, for me basically this is super bum fights, a perfect place for journeymen and just bleed fans to satiate their bloodthirsty, but it so basic and barbaric that it turns many off.

True, for me basically this is super bum fights, a perfect place for journeymen and just bleed fans to satiate their bloodthirsty, but it so basic and barbaric that it turns many off.
bloodsports SHOULD turn people off. It sickens me that soccer moms are bringing their whole family to UFC events. Would you bring your daughter to a cockfight? Some things are best kept hidden from polite society.

Its boring as hell, may as well put gloves on em so they aren't so afraid to get hit.

Chris fuqqin Leben fought a bare knuckle fight and it went the distance...

Let that soak in.
Not sure what happened, but i fell asleep during that fight...i had high hopes for it, woke up right on time for Artem's, which wasnt any better, but at least i was interested in the outcome.

PS: Leben's opponent used to fight at LW iirc, Leben at MW, how in the world they were about the same for BKFC??

bloodsports SHOULD turn people off. It sickens me that soccer moms are bringing their whole family to UFC events. Would you bring your daughter to a cockfight? Some things are best kept hidden from polite society.
Bloodsport fan and I'll agree fighting should be a niche market and not a family spectacle.

Not sure how many people know this, but boxing started as bare knuckle...the great John L sullivan was the first champion...then jack johnson...they were all bare knuckle fighters...but these fights often went dozens of rounds...and many of the rounds were so boring, hardly any punches being thrown...lots of holding and hitting and shit like that...which is why the rules were changed to the queensbury rules, I believe...they realized that wearing gloves made the fights much more exciting...
TS sure didn’t know this.

But he’s an idiot.

Can people stop making BKB threads in 'UFC discussion', to be frank, I don't care, when Lobov is your sports poster boy you have a fucking issue

Back