Soreness

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Mojorisin99, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Mojorisin99

Mojorisin99 Green Belt

I see that some of you guys lift 3-5 times a week along with BJJ 4-5 times, standup, and cardio! The question I have is how do you guys fight the soreness to do all of this stuff. After a particularly heavy leg or back day my body is just beat for two days, I struggle walking up and down stairs.

How are you able to still put in a maximum effort at ur classes while lifting at the same time? Should I just go lighter, or are there any supplements I don't take that I should be?

2. Chad Hamilton

Chad Hamilton Amateur Fighter

Your body will adjust with every excruciating day.
    Your mind will adjust to the doubt that you can train thru the minor pain of soreness.

Soreness is love.

3. Muscledog95

Muscledog95 Yellow Belt

Hot tub and Sauna

4. vigilante90210

vigilante90210 Blue Belt

u have to ease into it too.....start out with lifting maybe 2-3x and bjj 2-3 times a week and then add another workout to your week as your body adjusts, u can't just jump into that kind of schedule

5. Lard-ass

Lard-ass Sodomizer

Moonshining and banjo pickinĀ“ in Aintry.
    Im always sore like hell. Worst of all is the soreness in hamstrings and back (after deadlifting heavy) wich makes you stiff like a corpse and unable to snap those highkick doing ma the day after. It doesnt seem to go away either despite having lifted for many years and doing ma for about 1 year.

6. cockysprinter

cockysprinter Purple Belt

ive been sore for pretty much the past 3 weeks. if you keep the volume right youll be able to train through it. i also feel like ive been hit by a truck, its so hard to not max at every oppurtunity.

7. yomon

yomon Green Belt

also eat like theres no tomorow. Keeping myself full 24/7 when i'm sore always gets me over it faster. I'll drink 4L of 2% milk in one sitting if i'm sore. Hell last night i had 4L of milk and half a 16' pizza on top of it.

8. bacon

bacon Silver Belt

Good advice. You body gets used to it and the soreness slowly goes away. Stretching after a tough workout will help remove some of the lactic acid built up in your muscles. Lactic acid is one of reasons you're sore. A good cool down and stretching helps.....well....it helps me anyways.

9. Ian Coe

Ian Coe Silver Belt Professional Fighter

and if your really bad, instead of missing a days training, wrap up and go for a sweat run. Nothing hard, just sweat ya bollocks off. That should end no end

10. Wrecking Ball

Wrecking Ball Orange Belt

I always thought the average person couldn't drink a gallon of milk within an hour, the body doesn't put out an enzyme fast enough or something. Either its an urban legend, or are youre some kind of milk guzzling freak Yomon.

11. yomon

yomon Green Belt

might be a little of both, It does take me up to an hour to do it though.

12. Wrecking Ball

Wrecking Ball Orange Belt

I kind of figured it would, as I recall you're not a big guy. I could see someone like Carnal doing it, but for most people 200 lbs and less I think it would a bit of a task.

13. SmashiusClay

SmashiusClay Avatar of Cyttorak

Contrast showers and using heat rub to loosen up sore muscles before a session. even then a judo session the day after deadlifts is still pretty painful.