sore throat..to grapple or not

Aspen

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I didn't train last week at all, school hit me hard and I had to devote all my freetime to school. Last Tuesday my throat felt sore, I immediantly started on a Z-pak. The meds ended Saturday, and the symptoms are still here. It doesn't hurt as bad today, but I dont know what will happen once I get heated.

I am pretty sure it isn't contagious, yet I still feel like I owe it to the people I spar with to be in good health. So, what should I do? Go and try things out? Or rest up and hit it Wednesday and Thursday?

I didn't train last week at all, school hit me hard and I had to devote all my freetime to school. Last Tuesday my throat felt sore, I immediantly started on a Z-pak. The meds ended Saturday, and the symptoms are still here. It doesn't hurt as bad today, but I dont know what will happen once I get heated.

I am pretty sure it isn't contagious, yet I still feel like I owe it to the people I spar with to be in good health. So, what should I do? Go and try things out? Or rest up and hit it Wednesday and Thursday?

You owe it to yourself to stay healthy. Grappling isn't going anywhere.

Ditto the above. You also need to consider the guys you are training with and the chances of making them sick.

go to the doctor

probably viral, but you could also have some antibiotic resistant strain of strep or something.

if you have a fever, chills, rigor, do not go to practice for sure

Back