sore elbow joints

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by snowolf17, Jul 15, 2010.

1. snowolf17 Yellow Belt

i just started training BJJ last week and have gone to about 4 classes, my elbow joints feel really sore since we were working on straight arm locks, im sure its normal to feel some pain in the elbow joint after a class like this but the pain in my elbows lasts for a few days anyone else feel this pain in their elbows after a class?

2. johnkreese Brown Belt

It was completely normal for me. I remember parts of my body I didn't even know I had being sore. haha.

3. Nogi bear White Belt

Not now but I am sure I did the first few times I trained. Everything will start to feel different the more you train. For me, ears, the back of my legs, my abs and fingers hurt depending on whether its been a while since training or I have been training like mad.

It is probably just the fact your body is not used to it. It sounds silly, but you are tapping early right? I have seem some new guys make the mistake of hanging on and they aren't seen for a few months when they do that because of injuries. Be careful.

4. IxiaN Black Belt

yes, like this guy said don't let people extend your arm to the point that you have to tap when you are just drilling techniques, this cause unneeded stress on your elbows that may caused them to become inflammed. ive had issued with both my elbows too and it takes a while and maybe even a trip to the doctor for some NSID meds to make it go away.

5. IxiaN Black Belt

BJJ gives you a preview of what it will be like to be eldery. Trouble getting out of bed, achy joints, exhaustion, etc. :icon_twis

6. snowolf17 Yellow Belt

yeah i do tap early on the armbars, those straight arm locks are what kills my elbows

7. Toastytoy Brown Belt

oh yea, get ready for lots of sore elbow joints

8. djbrujoh Yellow Belt

since started BJJ I've had elbow issues

golfers - inside elbow
    [​IMG]
    Lateral epicondylitis, also known as “tennis elbow,” is an overuse syndrome.[/COLOR]
    [​IMG]
    bursitis - behind
    [​IMG]

equal on both arms four times since started training and takes 2-3 months for old guys like me to heal.