Sor Rungvisai to sign an exclusive multifight deal with DAZN

ironfist05

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

That's big. Likely means the Ancajas fight won't happen, but will give us the chance to see him fight a lot of other big names.

It seems like this DAZN thing might really take off. How do you pronounce DAZN? I don't want to sound unhip.

It seems like this DAZN thing might really take off. How do you pronounce DAZN? I don't want to sound unhip.
it confused me too Days-in? Dah-zn? man what a weird title

So he’s on DAZN and stuck over in ONE FC too? Granted for Asian fighters, especially lighter ones, that’s probably the place to be but I feel both of those things may get in the way of some fights

that's awesome, they're really signing some top talent.

It's pronounced "The Zone" but you can call it dazin if you pay for it.

I don't think he is a money maker. Dazn should rightfully/will probably lowball him, they are spending a ton these days.

I don't think he is a money maker. Dazn should rightfully/will probably lowball him, they are spending a ton these days.
SSR is going to be a relatively cheap investment to begin with tho. He's the kinda guy that likely isn't going to be commanding purses higher than a few hundred thousand. There's a lot of bang for your buck potential with SSR given how entertaining he can be, and how willing he is to take on tough fights. Even if he loses, I think DAZN made a good investment, because he can really kickstart a wave of big fights at 115. Bear in mind 115 is a competitive division, between boxrec, Ring and TBRB, there are 15 guys ranked in the top 11:

Srisaket Sor Rungvisai
Khalid Yafai
Donnie Nietes
Kazuto Ioka
Roman Gonzalez
Jerwin Ancajas
Andrew Moloney
Gideon Buthelezi
Aston Palicte
Ryuichi Funai
Francisco Rodriguez Jr.
Juan Francisco Estrada
Israel Gonzalez
Alejandro Santiago
McWilliams Arroyo

That's competitive, and has a lot of potential for a low price.

Yeah, SSR isn't necessarily a huge investment and he is a way to access an exciting division. I don't see DAZN make him a main event star, but you can make him fight in some of the greatest undercard fights you could throw.

Now that's a division.

DAZN is making all the seemingly right moves, I hope it will live up to some of the expectations. Can't add anything outside what Hagler and ironfist05 has said about this already. It's a great move and I don't think SSR having showcase fights at ONE is a problem that couldn't be worked out.

So he’s on DAZN and stuck over in ONE FC too? Granted for Asian fighters, especially lighter ones, that’s probably the place to be but I feel both of those things may get in the way of some fights
I think the ONe fight was a one off.

giphy.gif

SSR is always down for a fight, comes pretty cheap too, I'm assuming. Good work, Days inn.

Awesome. I'm glad DAZN is still working hard to make the app worth it.

Back