Sons of Anarchy Question

• Thread starter Deleted member 316645
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 316645

I've been watching SoA the past two weeks, and I've managed to watch the first three seasons. Season one was good, season two was even better, and season three was alright(the ending was great though). It's a great show; not quite as good as my three favorite shows(The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking bad), but it's definitely in my top 10 now.

My question is, are seasons 4 and 5 sub-par compared to the previous seasons?

I watched the first episode of season 4, and it seems to be that way; and I've read online that season 4 isn't all that great. If that's the case, then it's a bit disappointing, because I really liked the first 3 seasons, despite season 3 being a bit slow.

Didnt really like the last 2 as much. Whiney mean face jax is fucking annoying.

I got a question, who the fuck is the homeless chick?

I didn't like season 4 all that much, but I found season five to be really good. Lots of drama and quickly paced.

The homeless chick seems to be the only appealing thing left for me on this show

Edit - I think she is Jax' guardian angel, or some shit

I thoroughly enjoyed the first two seasons, liked the third season, stared losing interest during season four, and stopped watching halfway through season five. I may finish season five at some point, but its not on my to-do list.

Thanks for the input, although it's a bit sad to hear.

The reason The Wire, Breaking Bad, and The Sopranos are my favorite shows are because all of the seasons are great, especially with The Wire. However, that's not the case for most shows unfortunately. I'll watch a few more episodes of season four and see where it's headed. The last ten minutes of season three were brilliant, I had to re-watch the end of it.

My question is, are seasons 4 and 5 sub-par compared to the previous seasons?

Yep, seasons 4 and 5 were not that good. Storylines go around in circles and an abundant alliance switching and face/heel turns.

I liked the last season. I thought the way the Irish season was handled was underwhelming.

I liked the last season. I thought the way the Irish season was handled was underwhelming.

The season in general was lackluster, however, the final episode of season 3 was fantastic in my opinion. The last 15 minutes were incredible.

I got a question, who the fuck is the homeless chick?

SOA is basically a retelling of Hamlet, How a young prince learns his Step Father killed his father to claim the throne and his father's wife. The Prince learns all of this from the ghost of his father, or in Jax's case, the letters and journals of John Teller. Opie is Horatio, Tara is Ophelia.. you get the point.

Sutter has never given a clear cut answer for the Homeless women and why she is able to be in Ireland or just happens to be around. But since SOA is based on Hamlet, and it has several supernatural elements, which was a common trope for most plays during that time period, she is representing that supernatural presence and can mean anything as a Guardian Angel, or Jax's Conscious.

I ended up watching all of season 4 -- it wasn't quite as bad as I expected it to be. I was expecting it to be as bad as Prison Break seasons 3 and 4 and Heroes season 2.

I'll keep watching the show, even though it has diminished over the past few seasons. Hopefully season 5 is better.

I still like SOA a lot but it seems like the action is getting a little carried away. It seems like every single episode they're involved in some huge shootout/chase scene. The SOA have more fighting experience then most guys doing tours in Iraq right now.

I really liked season 4. I think it developed more interesting storylines than any of the previous seasons, I just hated how it ended so cheaply... namely their solution to the Rico case.

Season 5 was pretty good as well. The show has been fairly consistent in quality. It's not a huge dip like some shows (I'm looking at you, Dexter seasons 3,5, and 6.) and it stays interesting.

Fact is, Sutter has created an excellent group of characters. The storytelling isn't as strong as some other shows but it's a hell of a lot of fun to watch. Kind of like a slightly lesser version of The Shield. Similar in tone.

Season 4 and 5 isn't horrible. It was just ok to me.

I watched all of the seasons in fairly rapid succession.

I'd rate them like this:

Season 2 (Zoebel)
Season 1 (The original)
Season 3 (just for the ending mostly alone which was fantastic)
Season 5 (kind of on par with Season 4 but has a bit more action and focused plotline)
Season 4 (kind of a disappointing ending)

I'll finish this series out but feel like the better the villain is...the better the season is. The second season with Zoebel and the Neo-nazis felt so personal while some of the other feuds have felt a little contrived.

SOA is an entertaining show but I dont think it can even be compared to The wire, Breaking bad or The Sopranos. Those shows are based in a realistic world, SOA has gotten so over the top and ridiculous over the past 2 seasons it like Grand theft Auto the TV series.

If you endured the irish part of the show you can take anything they throw at you.

I ended up watching all of season 4 -- it wasn't quite as bad as I expected it to be. I was expecting it to be as bad as Prison Break seasons 3 and 4 and Heroes season 2.

I'll keep watching the show, even though it has diminished over the past few seasons. Hopefully season 5 is better.

Heroes Season 2 was terrible. SOA is on the decline but not trash yet. Its lost the wholesome, family aspect the gang had during the first two seasons and the storylines are totally unbelieaveable at this point.

Back