Sonnen's loss to Rashad is the worst way to go out IMO

Chael never claimed to be a martial artist. In fact he stated he didn't even know what martial arts is. He was a FIGHTER.
Well I can imagine even a declining Rashad on top of you pounding your skull in still isn't pleasant for anyone. The man has nothing to prove
His words not mine.

I dont know why people would even suggest this.

Rashad was -

4-0 at heavyeight
13-0 at LHW and undefeated Light Heavy weight Champ

and 0-3 at 185.
They suggest it because they saw the outcome, he got completely embarrassed despite all the pre-fight talk. Regarding fighting at 185, it's because he's 5'10" and made it to 185 and looked basically the same (physique).

They suggest it because they saw the outcome, he got completely embarrassed despite all the pre-fight talk. Regarding fighting at 185, it's because he's 5'10" and made it to 185 and looked basically the same (physique).
I dont follow Rashad lost ALL his 185lb fights
and won most of if not all of HW and LHW (pre-champion) fights

I dont follow Rashad lost ALL his 185lb fights
and won most of if not all of HW and LHW (pre-champion) fights

Rashad lost his fights at 185 because he transitioned to that weight at the end of his career when he should have been retired. I grant you that some guys are better fighting up if they have a speed advantage versus their "right" weight, but overall, in my opinion the Jones fight showed that he was undersized. Interestingly you do see trends come and go in the various weight classes of guys fighting at their natural weight and then much larger guys will come in for a while and squeeze down into that class, then small guys arrive again.

Rashad lost his fights at 185 because he transitioned to that weight at the end of his career when he should have been retired. I grant you that some guys are better fighting up if they have a speed advantage versus their "right" weight, but overall, in my opinion the Jones fight showed that he was undersized. Interestingly you do see trends come and go in the various weight classes of guys fighting at their natural weight and then much larger guys will come in for a while and squeeze down into that class, then small guys arrive again.
how can be undersized when he beat every HW he faced, won HW tuf and was an undefeated LHW champion.

As fans we sometimes lose perspective, thinking we somehow know better than pro fighters.

Rashad was 14-0 at LHW and 0-3 at MW.

Losing to the best fighter of all time doesnt mean he was in the wrong weight class, especially when he was dominant there

Worse than Shadface?

I don’t think so.

View attachment 847425
It actually is. Rashad was never really actually laying there looking like that. Someone just did a great job of brining us the worst still as he was falling and providing us with what may be a lifetime of jokes.
Sonnen was actually crying out from getting hit.

I cant think of a few worse

henderson-rocking-fedor.jpg

Back