Sonnen's loss to Rashad is the worst way to go out IMO

It means that you fight to your death if necessary to defend your village from being overtaken; or for the honor of your King; or lots of other things that have very little to do with fighting for money in a cage.
Actually, I think if you fight for the honour of your king, or to defend your village,
It may be pathetic, but it's actually pretty smart. He didn't take a ton of brain damage like so many other guys with heart. And judging by his current activities, he didn't lose a lot of fans.
Doesn't mean I approve, but it's definitely something worth considering if you're just in it for the money and don't care about what it looks like.
"doesn't mean i approve" lol

Can someone shoop Chael swimming across water while his feet are doing that?

that was rashads last win

Res. Record Opponent Method Event Date Round Time Location Notes
Loss 19–8–1 Anthony Smith KO (knee) UFC 225 June 9, 2018 1 0:53 Chicago, Illinois, United States Return to Light Heavyweight.
Loss 19–7–1 Sam Alvey Decision (split) UFC Fight Night: Pettis vs. Moreno August 5, 2017 3 5:00 Mexico City, Mexico
Loss 19–6–1 Daniel Kelly Decision (split) UFC 209 March 4, 2017 3 5:00 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Middleweight debut.
Loss 19–5–1 Glover Teixeira KO (punches) UFC on Fox: Teixeira vs. Evans April 16, 2016 1 1:48 Tampa, Florida, United States
Loss 19–4–1 Ryan Bader Decision (unanimous) UFC 192 October 3, 2015 3 5:00 Houston, Texas, United States
Win 19–3–1 Chael Sonnen

Honestly you can understand a lot of those L's, but that Smilin Sam Alvey ones still got to sting to this day..

Actually when exchanging punches I felt chael held his own. He was out grappled and battered by the younger stronger man. No issues from me.

Chael seems to be a master of finding ways out of fights when things aren’t quite going his way.

So much this lol, his legs flailing and kicking like a little child is also funny.

I remember the lead up Chael was saying he had no idea how he was going to win.

Looking back Rashad was a very up and down fighter

Yeah but what this guy said him flopping his feet around made him look like a pretty big bitch. You could essentially say he’s tapping with his legs.

You have to admit it looks like a kid having a tantrum.

When it came to taking serious punishment Chael was never that tough.

Chael never had a lot of success at 205. He was a force at 185. Another factor is Rashad and Chael are friends. I know some people are able to separate the two when the cage door closes, but not everyone can.

let’s also not under appreciate how good Rashad was. That guy can wrestle like a motherfucker. He also had savage ground and pound in his prime. It sucks to be man handled, but Chael did this to a number of people in his time.

It’s kinda funny how guys on sherdog try and talk down to guys like sonnen (or rashad) on the internet.

I don't see Rashad having anything for Jones on his best day, other than maybe a hail mary right hand. He's 7 inches shorter and a natural 185 lb fighter and jones is the more effective wrestler.
I dont know why people would even suggest this.

Rashad was -

4-0 at heavyeight
13-0 at LHW and undefeated Light Heavy weight Champ

and 0-3 at 185.

Pretty pathetic. But his fans are largely like him. They talk trash, get beat up or run away and then act like they triumphed. Imagine the loud mouth kids who hid behind the teacher at recess and you got Sonnens fanbase.

Chael lost like this several times. Talked untold amounts of trash (pre-rehearsed nonsense) & they succumbed meekly to the first real offence he had to withstand. The Silva rematch was another prime example. This is why I never understood the narrative that he's such a great trash talker; anyone can talk phony BS & then get in there & lose

I always thought Chaels trash talk was entertaining at least. Way better than cringe king Colby.

Back