Sonnen's loss to Rashad is the worst way to go out IMO

TJ Grant is a worse way to go out.

I thought Rashad was going to make his way back up after that performance but it was the last win of his career. You usually don't see someone that dominant before their decline. Dude lost to freakin Sam Alvey...sad.

Really wish we could have got rashad vs jones sooner. He woukd have beaten jones imo. Jackson camp did shad dirty
How exactly? Rashad striking despite his power was average and he isn't outwrestling Jones

He got pounded and you hear him saying: "ow, ow, stop, ow, please stop". Terrible to hear that coming from a so called elite mixed martial artist.

Is this actually true? I don’t remember this it was a while again but surely it would’ve been circulated on here a lot more

Especially bad considering Rashad was already on the downslide big time at that point and still dominated Chael. Rashad's performances against Little Nog and Jones are some of the worst ever IMO

Chael lost like this several times. Talked untold amounts of trash (pre-rehearsed nonsense) & they succumbed meekly to the first real offence he had to withstand. The Silva rematch was another prime example. This is why I never understood the narrative that he's such a great trash talker; anyone can talk phony BS & then get in there & lose

Rashad was a nightmare matchup for Chael.
Top Tier Takedown Defense and super heavy top pressure.

Rashad vs Chael and Rashad vs Davis are two of the most dominant grappling based fights ever.

I think after the rematch with Anderson Silva, he just wanted out.
Except that Shogun fight he showed no passion in fighting. Maybe because he was shot but when I watch his vs Jones, vs Rashad fight, he was like "I'm here to get the money" look. Do nothing just get recked and don't even resist, don't try to survive, just make the rep stop this and let me take that $ kind of performance.
I think they were just levels above him, I don't know why he ever though fighting Jon Jones would be a good idea, he had nothing on him anywhere

Rashad took control and basically had his way with Chael. Look closer at the finish, Chael got mounted and pretty much gave up his back without resistance. He got pounded and you hear him saying: "ow, ow, stop, ow, please stop".
...thats Chael one on one

Rashad-Evans-vs-Chael-Sonnen-GIf.gif

I rewatched the fight and it was kinda rough to watch Chael end his last UFC fight ever like this. He was always a trash talker and was good at selling fights by saying things to annoy everyone but I expected more fight from him

Rashad took control and basically had his way with Chael. Look closer at the finish, Chael got mounted and pretty much gave up his back without resistance. He got pounded and you hear him saying: "ow, ow, stop, ow, please stop". Terrible to hear that coming from a so called elite mixed martial artist. Poor Chael couldn't even stand up and walk straight after that

The most awkward thing was that Chael and Rashad were regularly doing the Fox broadcast segment together both before AND after the fight. Not sure who's decision that was but it's not something I would have done that's for sure
Same guy who openly sides with Dana against fighters all the time. Fuck him. Rashad went easy on him.

Please tell me the contradiction between being a martial artist and saying "please stop" when you can't defend anymore against your opponent giving you unecessary brain damage ? Does being a martial artist mean being too tough for you own good ? You can't beg for mercy or unmanly shit like that ?

It means that you fight to your death if necessary to defend your village from being overtaken; or for the honor of your King; or lots of other things that have very little to do with fighting for money in a cage.

I liked how he flailed his legs around all spastic like he was swimming.
That's how you know he was really trying to escape because that's a normal technique to escape back-mount.

Imagine being once considered the all-time greatest lightweight in the world, and one of the top pound for pound fighters in the world, and having won titles in two different weight classes earlier in your career, then going out on a 7-fight losing streak (including losses to washed up guys who used to be gatekeepers in the division in which you reigned) and having like a 9-year winless spot to end your career.

That's like 1000% more of a disgrace than going out with a loss to Rashad Evans.

Back