Sonnen's loss to Rashad is the worst way to go out IMO

GoofMaster93

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rashad-Evans-vs-Chael-Sonnen-GIf.gif

I rewatched the fight and it was kinda rough to watch Chael end his last UFC fight ever like this. He was always a trash talker and was good at selling fights by saying things to annoy everyone but I expected more fight from him

Rashad took control and basically had his way with Chael. Look closer at the finish, Chael got mounted and pretty much gave up his back without resistance. He got pounded and you hear him saying: "ow, ow, stop, ow, please stop". Terrible to hear that coming from a so called elite mixed martial artist. Poor Chael couldn't even stand up and walk straight after that

The most awkward thing was that Chael and Rashad were regularly doing the Fox broadcast segment together both before AND after the fight. Not sure who's decision that was but it's not something I would have done that's for sure

The most awkward thing was that Chael and Rashad were regularly doing the Fox broadcast segment together both before AND after the fight. Not sure who's decision that was but it's not something I would have done that's for sure
Of course you wouldn't understand; you're not a fighter. The rest of your post is thinly-veiled hating. Wasteland.

I think after the rematch with Anderson Silva, he just wanted out.
Except that Shogun fight he showed no passion in fighting. Maybe because he was shot but when I watch his vs Jones, vs Rashad fight, he was like "I'm here to get the money" look. Do nothing just get recked and don't even resist, don't try to survive, just make the rep stop this and let me take that $ kind of performance.

you hear him saying: "ow, ow, stop, ow, please stop". Terrible to hear that coming from a so called elite mixed martial artist.

Please tell me the contradiction between being a martial artist and saying "please stop" when you can't defend anymore against your opponent giving you unecessary brain damage ? Does being a martial artist mean being too tough for you own good ? You can't beg for mercy or unmanly shit like that ?

It may be pathetic, but it's actually pretty smart. He didn't take a ton of brain damage like so many other guys with heart. And judging by his current activities, he didn't lose a lot of fans.
Doesn't mean I approve, but it's definitely something worth considering if you're just in it for the money and don't care about what it looks like.

Please tell me the contradiction between being a martial artist and saying "please stop" when you can't defend anymore against your opponent giving you unecessary brain damage ? Does being a martial artist mean being too tough for you own good ? You can't beg for mercy or unmanly shit like that ?
Chael never claimed to be a martial artist. In fact he stated he didn't even know what martial arts is. He was a FIGHTER.

His words not mine.

Not really. Shad was still one of the top dogs that time, and Chael never really belong to LHW.

Well he had an nice entertaining ride in Bellator, and I think people actually didn't remember this fight imo.

The man was obviously on some sort of TRT or enhancement and they took it away from him. He went through a pretty bad crash. He wasn't particularly talented but his whole meta was to outwork you and grind you out.

Yeah, that's the worst way to go, not the multiple steroid pops before the Wand/Belfort fights.

Back