Sonnen says Odd Jones quote on Podcast-Confusing

Maybe not, may set him free. Being someone you are not is one of the worst things ever.

Either way, it's better off for him to not be claiming to be a great Christian while acting the way he does. Not judging, just saying it turns people off.
We (Christians) are supposed to make people say "What is different about that guy? I want something like he has, that's special!" and should not blend in with the "World".
None of us are near to being perfect but we should at least strive to do the best we can.

For a post that says not judging, this is judging as fuck.

It means Jones is doing what Jones does...being a heel with his actions and claiming to be the good guy.

I am not a religious man, but I'm pretty certain Jesus would've been rather disappointed with anyone who took up; beating the shit out of other men in a cage as their profession and then doing coke in your off time for fun. I can't recall that being 'okay' in the biblical sense, but maybe all that was just hidden in the back somewhere.

He wont accept the heel role...he will simply play it.

His brothers seem fine, I wonder what happened to him to make him such a bitter, petulant person. He needs therapy, not rehab. I don't care if he snorts coke & crashes his cars, as long as its not before a fight.

I dunno, getting an incredible amount of hate all day everyday maybe?

According to Chael Sonnen while telling Jon Jones to pull a Tyson (embrace the heel role) Jon said something like , "I can't because I love Jesus"

What the fuck does that mean?

It should be pretty easy for Jesus freaks to play the roll of a heel. Just go down south (USA) and you'll know what I mean.

Back