Sonnen: I got lucky

Shogun is one of the best LHWs of all time. Who doesn't Jones beat?

Shogun is no longer going to win a belt at LHW but he is still a good fighter (even after the multiple knee surgeries)

So what? Jones kicked his ass. Jones beats everyone that he faces (until he fights Cormier or gets caught)

TS said Shogun is the GOAT LHW, not just one of the best.
Of course he's top 10, and probably top 5.

Chael spent like a full year calling the result of his first fight with Silva BS....I'd hardly say both guys.

Another fool who can't tell the difference between promoting and reality.

Did you really take it that seriously when Chael said "I thought I just lost the round if I tapped"...

Really? Hello?

Even fighters have mad respect for Shogun, he is just that awesome.

Chael is alot more classy then he gets credit for.

I remember him complimenting Silva after their 2nd fight.

Do I really need to spell it out to some of these morons?

It's not hard to tell what comments are genuine and what comments are to sell.

On Jon Jones

Promotion Sonnen:

Chael is alot more classy then he gets credit for.

I remember him complimenting Silva after their 2nd fight.

he is a respectful and intelligent guy

he just knows how to stir the pot and draw a crowd

Was Andy Kauffman a horrible sexist woman beater, or was he an actor getting paid? .

The difference to me is that someone like Kauffman was obviously attacking violence against women by parodying it, something the vast majority of those who watched him understood.

Sonnen's act on the other hand comes across as pandering to the views he delivers, its either taken at face value by many fans or something they want to agree with but need to do so under the guise of parody.

I don't view it as a positive direction for MMA to be going in.

This dead horse should be in the ground or a glue factory by now or something.

He said the same about the brian stann choke. He also says he is a better fighter than Anderson and dominated him twice before Anderson got lucky. So if you think Shogun > Sonnen w/o luck. Then Sonnen > Anderson w/o luck. Deal with it.

Back