Sonnen "Belfort needs to KO Bisping in the 1st"

gonna be an interesting fight. if Bisping wins maybe he will get his title shot?

Bisping showed up this afternoon with a black eye in Sao Paulo. Sparring going hard

michaelbisping_adrianoalbuquerque_gecom.jpg

he didn't mention beating jon jones :icon_lol:

and what are all the ways bisping can win? the only way i see him winning is via decision.

If Bisping can deal with Vitor's rush with anything besides circling in one direction, throwing powerless jabs from his back foot and flailing his arms out, Vitor doesn't have much for him. It sounds like I'm completely shitting on Vitor, I'm not trying to, his bull rush is extremely dangerous, but he's a bit of a one trick pony.

Vitor tested Jon Jones into the 4th round. JJ is a much bigger, stronger and talented fighter than DJ Mikey B.

Vitor's testing of bones was finished after the failed armbar. first 90 seconds? After that I don't remember him doing anything but trying to get by.

I would say he needs to stop him in the 1st or 2nd. If it goes into the 3rd in a 5 round fight Bisping will wear him down with his pace

I kinda agree with him, but I'd say he has the first two rounds to get it done.

I like Biping, but I can't see him smothering a person for 3 rounds considering how much he starts to gas by the end of the 1st.

Is this some sort of sick joke?

Honestly I think Vitor has done enough in recent years to squash the bad cardio rap for a three round fight. Jon Jones is a very big guy who is also a pressure fighter, and Vitor made a fine accounting of his conditioning.

Bisping has outstanding cardio but I don't know that it comes into play very much in 3 rounds, where he is far superior to Belfort is in point fighting. Dom Cruz, Edgar and Bisping are all high output, low impact guys with good footwork and pressure that know how to win rounds on a score card.

Belfort isn't much of a gamer when it comes to the point system, he's out there to hurt and stop you. Both styles have a place in MMA so no disrespect to Bisping, winning matters.

I see no reason why Belfort can't KO Bisping in any of the 3 rounds, he will be dangerous in my opinion. Perhaps most dangerous when he's fresh.

The the other consideration with Bisping is that he has lost essentially every marquee fight he's ever been in - Sonnen, Wand, Hendo and Rashad. His best career win is probably Chris Leben.

He can outwork and dominate most if not all of the mid pack guys in the sport - he comes up short when he fights at the top of the division however.

I'm taking Vitor here, I like him with the BZ's

One of the reasons you mention is why I still like this sport.The other reason makes me not watch.

You don't even know how to spell his name, have you even seen him fight?

Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I guess I don't know who Troy Polamalu (sp) or Haloti Nata (sp) is either. Or Efgeni Malkin, or Dirk Nowitski etc you get the point.

You claim to be a Vitor fan but you say he'll "crack" midway through round 2. :rolleyes:

Just because you're a fan of a fighter doesn't mean you have to be delusional. Vitor has a problem with gassing. Everybody knows this.

and then delivering the final blows, right to the back of the head

He would've got pounded out regardless. He tried to scramble up and he got put down again with punches. Vitor was finishing the fight there regardless.

Back