Songs people Misunderstand

Guns n' Roses - Mr. Brownstone (Heroin, not the landlord).

Michael Jackson - Liberian Girl (A girl from Liberia, not a sexy librarian).

Pretty much every song in the 80s was about masterbation.

Shebop
Turning Japanese
Dancing with Myself

Jawbreaker by Judas Priest.
And all the pressure that's been building up
For all the years it bore the load
The cracks appear, the frame starts to distort
Ready to explode-Jawbreaker

I grew up thinking the song was about overcoming pressure and digging deep until you eventually crack. Something along those lines. Right?

I've come to find out it's actually about blowjobs... Gay blowjobs.
Still, good solo.

I grew up thinking the song was about overcoming pressure and digging deep until you eventually crack. Something along those lines. Right?

Still, good solo.

lol

Still, good solo.

Back in high school my GF’s mom was going to be in a fashion show at country club they belonged to. She had an outfit picked out and her daughter asked what song she was going to play. She said I am going to play Pearl Necklace and were my necklace your father gave me. I had to explain to both of them what the song meant.

For a while I thought No Woman No cry was No Woman No Pride. Thought it was a bit harsh when I was a wee lad.

Back in high school my GF’s mom was going to be in a fashion show at country club they belonged to. She had an outfit picked out and her daughter asked what song she was going to play. She said I am going to play Pearl Necklace and were my necklace your father gave me. I had to explain to both of them what the song meant.

you gotta let that run its course!

Excuse Me While I Kiss This Guy

Apparently, Jimmi was not leading up to a song about jaw breakers.

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds.

No, it's not about drugs. Lennon's kid drew something and they made a song about it.

time of your life/good riddance - green day. for the most part, its a breakup song. They played it at really inappropriate times in the height of its popularity. They played it for the final dance at my senior prom, I'm pretty sure they played it when mark mcgwire hit his 62nd home run, among other sporting events...

Rape Me - Nirvana

Has it ever been settled as to what Rape Me is about? I know a lot of people think it's about the media "raping" Nirvana to sell magazines and air time (etc) but Kurt always denied that and said it was about a guy that gets sent to jail for rape and ends up getting raped himself.

time of your life/good riddance - green day. for the most part, its a breakup song. They played it at really inappropriate times in the height of its popularity. They played it for the final dance at my senior prom, I'm pretty sure they played it when mark mcgwire hit his 62nd home run, among other sporting events...

You must have graduated in 2001-2003. They played it at my prom and also included it in our graduation video.

I saw a youtube clip of some chick on american idol singing House of the Rising Sun all happy and smiling and shit and the judges loved it.

No matter what version or interpretation if it, its pretty grim. Not happy and fuckin smiley.

Dude, she killed that performance!

[YT]a6dxNsWMb_E[/YT]

Also, everybody do yourself a favor and watch this 10 year old perform the song!
[YT]2zf9zrrPWEE[/YT]

One of the biggest pro-revolution songs in history... 'Revolution' by the Beatles... is actually an anti-revolution song. Its meaning is hidden in the lyrics. Here's one example.

"You say you'll change the constitution
Well, you know
We all want to change your head."

You must have graduated in 2001-2003. They played it at my prom and also included it in our graduation video.

yup, 2002. which even by then, the song was several years old. Always was a big green day fan back then, so it always annoyed me that they played a breakup song for the last dance at prom.

Back