Sometimes I feel like eating too healthy has a negative effect on me

GolovKing

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
There's times where I'll eat really clean like brown rice and vegetables with lean meat and I end up just shitting my brains out. Then I feel weak and low on energy for workouts, even my t levels and sex drive seems to drop. Anyone else ever experience this?

Are you consuming excess fiber? That could lead to the shits. Also, have you tried isolating single food sources to test what the actual culprit is? Try removing 1 thing at a time and seeing what happens.

I geniunely believe my body runs better on junk food, i have unlimited cardio and aggression - in alot of my diets when i ate heathly i thought like i should be unstoppable but actaully lost alot of my attributes, especially for sparring.

You probably can't tolerate brown rice. I have purple rice but I mix it with some white. I don't like brown rice by itself so I rarely buy it. You also need to check your calories. Are you eating enough?

There's times where I'll eat really clean like brown rice and vegetables with lean meat and I end up just shitting my brains out. Then I feel weak and low on energy for workouts, even my t levels and sex drive seems to drop. Anyone else ever experience this?
Just because you were told something was healthy, doesn't mean it's healthy for everyone.

For brown rice, if I remember correctly, it has phytic acid, which acts like an anti-nutrient.

For myself, I feel most energetic with fatty meats and some green vegetables. If I include too many vegetables, my digestion gets messed up. But, that doesn't mean I would recommend my diet for everyone.

Just because you were told something was healthy, doesn't mean it's healthy for everyone.

For brown rice, if I remember correctly, it has phytic acid, which acts like an anti-nutrient.

For myself, I feel most energetic with fatty meats and some green vegetables. If I include too many vegetables, my digestion gets messed up. But, that doesn't mean I would recommend my diet for everyone.

I'm sort of the same way. Once I start approaching 30+ grams of fiber a day I start getting some serious cramps and bloating.

Same if I eat potatoes and drink beer and eat hot fries I have totally normal digestion. If I eat chicken rice and veggies I feel like shit and have no energy. Wierd

I eat fatty meats on the regular, chicken with skin, barbacoa, lots of greasy Mexican food and about three eggs a day. I get my blood work done every year and it's impeccable

Fats > Carbs... Give it a try. 99% sure you'll feel and perform far better

Re: "too healthy"
Part of the definition of the word healthy intimates "well being". Shitting your brains out, feeling weak, low sex drive does not fall under "well being" IMO , therefore not healthy.

IOW "too healthy" is by definition not healthy.

Nothing has diminished my sex drive (not a brag, just eliminating that part of the equation...and bragging), but yes to everything else. How long have you persisted once you start shitting your brains out? For me, I'm absolutely fucking golden eating garbage and getting fat, but when I restrict calories and clean up my diet, my system turns on me something fierce. I also feel weak, sometimes get headaches, just generally depleted. But in my experience - which is devoid of any scientific knowledge - it's a homeostasis thing: My body goes haywire as it tries to figure out what's going on and how to deal with new food to process and how to function on so fewer calories, but after a week or two, my body adapts and stabilizes and then I'm golden and healthy. That's been my pattern to date. And I've just this week cleaned up my diet and have had a very upset stomach the past three days, so here's to hoping the pattern holds.

fingers-crossed-saturday-night-live.gif

Sounds like an endocrine problem. You appear to be missing a key micronutrient favored by your HPA or possibly you're not getting enough HDL from fats.

Calcium, magnesium, vitamin-d, and zinc are the usual suspects for deficiencies (but not the only ones, obviously) from a micronutrient standpoint. Also, vitamin A deficiency could be your issue as it's key to hormone production.

For fat you want to aim for .3g/fat per 1lb of bodyweight. So, if you weigh 200lbs you want about 60g fat/day.

I geniunely believe my body runs better on junk food, i have unlimited cardio and aggression - in alot of my diets when i ate heathly i thought like i should be unstoppable but actaully lost alot of my attributes, especially for sparring.

Sounds like you're in your 20s.

I mostly eat grassfed 80/20 organic ground beef, or grassfed organic red meats from a local farm, raw milk, raw cheeses, eggs, full fat Greek yogurt, butter, honey, fruits. And I've never felt better in my life.

If I eat carbs I feel like shit generally, but I enjoy them now and again. Same with vegetables - they're delicious but once I add too much in I notice a dip.

I have my macros setup for 2700 calories max. Protein, carbs, fat adjusted accordingly.

I eat whatever to hit those macros and don't get too caught up in what I eat to hit them. I drank 103g carb peppermint milkshake from Chick-fil-A today. Thats like 40 percent of my carb intake for the day. Now I'm going to the gym to get jacked.

Back