Something to note about Bendo's previous inability to finish.

Oh, so that's just his gimmick to be popular on Sherdog? Good to know.

Every time you see him pop up you know 100% what to expect. He doesn't troll enough to get banned and lives long enough to have people rage at him. I'm not saying I agree with what he says, but I can't help but to lol whenever I see him post and people get mad at him. I wouldn't even be surprised if he doesn't even believe in the things he says.

Of course. I never gave him shit for never finishing or having "boring" fights. I'm not a just bleed maggot.

When you're champ you face the best your division has to offer, guys who's entire careers lead up to the one point they get to face you and aren't giving up.

The casual douchebag doesn't understand this, they just want blood like the mindless animals they are.

People are kind of spoiled by Anderson, who had a specific style (goading you into attacking him and counter-punching during openings) that led to a lot of finishes. Guys like Bendo and GSP, they put you on the defense and so you are spending all your energy defending. Anderson sits back and puts you on the offense, so you aren't focusing on the punches that are coming at your face.

I think "point-fighting Benson" only comes out when he's fighting a guy with better footwork/much more speed. He struggled against Edgar and Melendez because he could not put pressure on them. Same thing with Pettis in the rematch. But if Benson is fighting a slower/plodding guy he typically is very active and tries his best to beat the hell out of them. Against faster guys he tries to play the more technical game and it can result in a "point-fighting" type of fight.

I didn't see him go hard in the Edgar fights (outside of 1 upkick), the Melendez, or the Thompson fights. Yes he smashed Guida, Miller, and Guida, but the other fights he was content to just do whatever.

I'll give you the Melendez fight, because I don't really remember it at all.

I thought both Edgar and Bendo fought hard in their first meeting, but maybe I need to watch it again.

Didn't he pull guard after securing a standing arm triangle against Thompson? I feel like that isn't something a fighter whose first concern is racking up points would do.

TheRassler is one of the best posters on the site imo. Never goes out of character and his Avatar is funny. I don't agree with his list of the most boring though, I think Benson has been in enough good fights to not be in there.

glad that I amuse you lol, kids on here are way too serious these days, someone's gotta get em riled up.

Every time you see him pop up you know 100% what to expect. He doesn't troll enough to get banned and lives long enough to have people rage at him. I'm not saying I agree with what he says, but I can't help but to lol whenever I see him post and people get mad at him.

shh....don't give away my secret!

I think "point-fighting Benson" only comes out when he's fighting a guy with better footwork/much more speed. He struggled against Edgar and Melendez because he could not put pressure on them. Same thing with Pettis in the rematch. But if Benson is fighting a slower/plodding guy he typically is very active and tries his best to beat the hell out of them. Against faster guys he tries to play the more technical game and it can result in a "point-fighting" type of fight.

so you DO agree that benson should be on my sig list!!

glad that I amuse you lol, kids on here are way too serious these days, someone's gotta get em riled up.

Have you considered adding Nurmagomedov to you sig list?

Haha, honestly man, I think there are way more boring fighters than Bendo (I typically enjoy Bendo's fights). I would never put Bendo anywhere near the same tier as Prime Fitch.

People are kind of spoiled by Anderson, who had a specific style (goading you into attacking him and counter-punching during openings) that led to a lot of finishes. Guys like Bendo and GSP, they put you on the defense and so you are spending all your energy defending. Anderson sits back and puts you on the offense, so you aren't focusing on the punches that are coming at your face.

True. Casual fans really piss me off.

Gotta admit, your sig is priceless. King "Sized Blanket" Mo, gotta remember that one.

It does not fuckin matter.

if you are truly a great fighter, you will find a way to separate yourself from the rest of the division and finish tough guys who rarely ever get finished, period.

I'm sure that elite level athletes like Benson would love to get this kind of advice from a gimmick poster whose sole purpose in life is to log into Sherdog and insult fighters.

TheRassler is one of the best posters on the site imo. Never goes out of character and his Avatar is funny. I don't agree with his list of the most boring though, I think Benson has been in enough good fights to not be in there.

Jesus Christ. TheRassler has a fan club? What's this world coming to?

Don't give me this shit. He didn't even try and finish half of those guys.

There's one thing to not finish a guy when you try your hardest, but it's a completely different thing to never even go for it

Easy, man. I've never liked Bendo, but he has consistently been in great fights and he always tries to stop dudes. Being unable to stop other top LWs isn't something that should be actively condemned.

Jesus Christ. TheRassler has a fan club? What's this world coming to?

It's not a fan club, it's just very easy to realize that he's a harmless troll. Look at guys like Claude. That is 1000000000000x worse than TheRassler. Claude will make long ass posts about why Anderson sucks and argue with tons of people to try to convince them that Anderson sucks.

Just look at TheRassler's AV/sig/posts. Seriously, just look at that AV. Idk how you can even get mad at his posts.

Have you considered adding Nurmagomedov to you sig list?

YES, the only reason why he's not on there yet is because I usually pick fighters that have headlined or co-headlined a fight card and have seriously disappointed the fans with boring performances either by point fighting or blanketing. Hope you understand.

Haha, honestly man, I think there are way more boring fighters than Bendo (I typically enjoy Bendo's fights). I would never put Bendo anywhere near the same tier as Prime Fitch.

Lol, funny you bring up Fitch, he has been on my sig for years now since the beginning but I finally took him off recently to replace him with Bendo after Bendo's last fight against Josh Thomson. But tbh... I stopped paying attention to his fights after the UFC cut him last year.

I'm starting to think that TheRassler is a very committed satirical account.

TheRassler probably watches a GSP fight and goes "holy smokes, that GSP is such a great fighter! I am so happy to watch such excellence!"

Then he logs onto Sherdog, posts and sits back and enjoys the angry posters.

TheRassler probably watches a GSP fight and goes "holy smokes, that GSP is such a great fighter! I am so happy to watch such excellence!"

Perhaps. He isn't that funny most of the time, though. He's just absolutely terrible the vast majority of the time. It's terrible in a way that manages not even to be funny a lot of the time. He's likely just a terrible fucking twat.

Perhaps. He isn't that funny most of the time, though. He's just absolutely terrible the vast majority of the time. It's terrible in a way that manages not even to be funny a lot of the time. He's likely just a terrible fucking twat.

I don't even really remember any of his posts. I just assume he bashes guys who goes to decision. The AV and sig I find pretty funny. Everyone who frequents the boards should know what to expect from him. At least he's not creating threads all the time and making long ass posts that fill up a lot of the screen.

You couldn't be more wrong, no way in hell I would leave watching a gsp fight with a positive attitude. Well, not since serra took his soul. Keep in mind, I USED to be his fan back in the day, back before this fight. But I jumped off his bandwagon the moment I realized the old gsp was gone, which was wayyyy before the majority of shertards finally noticed. Plus, I realized you gotta be a massive blind nuthugger to stay on that wagon...so I jumped ship.

Back