Something to note about Bendo's previous inability to finish.

ShreddinMMA

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Look at the guys he fought.

2X Frankie Edgar

Gilbert Melendez

Nate Diaz

Clay Guida

Jim Miller

Josh Thompson

Those fighters are all known for being incredibly tough and difficult to finish. Of them, Clay Guida has the most, with 7, which is a bit of an anomaly in the group of them. Besides Guida, together, those 4 fighters have 4 losses total where they were finished.

Thought it was worth mentioning since he used to get bashed a lot for that when he was champ.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Bocek. He's been finished once as well. So, without Guida in the mix, that's 5 losses where his opponents have been finished.

Last edited:
Don't give me this shit. He didn't even try and finish half of those guys.

There's one thing to not finish a guy when you try your hardest, but it's a completely different thing to never even go for it

There's one thing to not finish a guy when you try your hardest, but it's a completely different thing to never even go for it

Outside of the second Edgar fight, I'd say he went pretty hard in all of them.

I don't get why Benson is seen as a boring fighter by so many people.

Lol.

It's a combination of Bendo being a guy who doesn't go out of his way to get a finish, and the guys he fought being very, very hard to finish. He'll never have a great finishing rate, but as Ruslam proved, he WILL beat a guy if he can catch them. You're just not going to be able to stop guys like Edgar and Melendez.

Good post. Some MMA fans are obsessed with finishes to the point where it's weird.

Ben Henderson isn't a "point fighter". He's a grinding pressure fighter. He just can't finish guys who have never been finished like Gil and Edgar. He barely beat them but he was supposed to finish them? ok.

Just shows how little some MMA fans understand what they're watching.

He really beat the shit out of Jim Miller though. I'm a big Miller fan and it was hard for me to watch as he went for subs and Bendo was on top just smashing him into dust. He also put an ass whooping on Diaz. Bendo doesn't have the best KO power and doesn't hunt for it, but that doesn't mean he hasn't smashed guys before without getting a finish.

It does not fuckin matter.

if you are truly a great fighter, you will find a way to separate yourself from the rest of the division and finish tough guys who rarely ever get finished, period.

Outside of the second Edgar fight, I'd say he went pretty hard in all of them.

I don't get why Benson is seen as a boring fighter by so many people.

I didn't see him go hard in the Edgar fights (outside of 1 upkick), the Melendez, or the Thompson fights. Yes he smashed Guida, Miller, and Diaz, but the other fights he was content to just do whatever.

Last edited:
He really beat the shit out of Jim Miller though. I'm a big Miller fan and it was hard for me to watch as he went for subs and Bendo was on top just smashing him into dust. He also put an ass whooping on Diaz. Bendo doesn't have the best KO power and doesn't hunt for it, but that doesn't mean he hasn't smashed guys before without getting a finish.

He did the same with Bocek too. And his fight with Guida was great. People were angry that fight didn't get televised in the States.

I've been a Bendo hater for too long. He is actually pretty fun to watch.

if you are truly a great fighter, you will find a way to separate yourself from the rest of the division and finish tough guys who rarely ever get finished, period.

Again, lol.

I like how you state this as a fact when it is really just your moronic opinion.

TheRassler is one of the best posters on the site imo. Never goes out of character and his Avatar is funny. I don't agree with his list of the most boring though, I think Benson has been in enough good fights to not be in there.

TheRassler is one of the best posters on the site imo. Never goes out of character and his Avatar is funny. I don't agree with his list of the most boring though, I think Benson has been in enough good fights to not be in there.

Oh, so that's just his gimmick to be popular on Sherdog? Good to know.

The real question is if GSP was in a fight and he rocked a guy would he immediately go for a one-hook in RNC. Pretty sure we know the answer to that one...

Bendo HAS point fought in the past (the posturing mid-round in particular is likely for the judges) but it isn't his entire strategy as evidenced by tonight.

Can't blame a guy who pretty much only fights 5 rounders for pacing himself.

Look at the guys he fought.

2X Frankie Edgar

Gilbert Melendez

Nate Diaz

Clay Guida

Jim Miller

Josh Thompson

Those fighters are all known for being incredibly tough and difficult to finish. Of them, Clay Guida has the most, with 7, which is a bit of an anomaly in the group of them. Besides Guida, together, those 4 fighters have 4 losses total where they were finished.

Thought it was worth mentioning since he used to get bashed a lot for that when he was champ.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Bocek. He's been finished once as well. So, without Guida in the mix, that's 5 losses where his opponents have been finished.
definitely agree 200%
bendo is a tactician
its hard to admit but thats why jj is #1 p4p for his finishing rate of former champs..

Of course. I never gave him shit for never finishing or having "boring" fights. I'm not a just bleed maggot.

When you're champ you face the best your division has to offer, guys who's entire careers lead up to the one point they get to face you and aren't giving up.

The casual douchebag doesn't understand this, they just want blood like the mindless animals they are.

Back