Something people don't realize when comparing Silva to GSP

let's leave autistic kids out of this?

GSP and Greg Jackson formulated an effective, relatively low-risk plan for winning sports competitions. It worked and they deserve credit and respect. GSP may be the best athlete ever in MMA.

But Anderson Silva was the greatest fighter who ever stepped into a cage (though Bones could've eclipsed him if he'd kept his nose clean, pun intended, long enough). He finished fights in spectacular fashion, and as lethal as Anderson's offense was, his defense and elusiveness was just as incredible to watch. As much as I hate to give Rogan credit, his description as a ballet of violence was spot-on. People love to hate on over-the-hill Silva, and his time was finite just like everyone else, but Prime Anderson was fucking supernatural.

Last edited:
GSP and Greg Jackson formulated an effective, relatively low-risk plan for winning sports competitions. It worked and they deserve credit and respect. GSP may be the best athlete ever in MMA.

But Anderson Silva was the greatest fighter who ever stepped into a cage (though Bones could've eclipsed him if he'd kept his nose clean, pun intended, long enough). He finished fights in spectacular fashion, and as lethal as Anderson's offense was, his defense and elusiveness was just as incredible to watch. As much as I hate to give Rogan credit, his description as a ballet of violence was spot-on. People love to hate on over-the-hill Silva, and his time was finite just like everyone else,'s but Prime Anderson was fucking supernatural.
Agree, solid reasoning

It won't end the debate due to the sheer amount of autistic kids here, but hopefully it sheds some light on their mental illness.
someone is insecure about their mental state
zkTOeE9.gif

GSP could come back, lose a fight. Get popped for PEDs outside of competition. Fight again, lose. Retire. All the while Silva wins the belt at 205... and GSP would arguably still be ranked above Silva.

That would make GSP 26-4, 2x div champ, 2 losses unavenged, 1 failed PED test.
And Silva 35-8, 2x div champ, 8 losses unavenged, 2 failed PED tests.

This just shows you how completely insane the current comparisons between the two are.

It won't end the debate due to the sheer amount of autistic kids here, but hopefully it sheds some light on their mental illness.

Because it's a fact, GSP > Silva. He's so far superior that he could fail a few times and still be miles ahead.

the only mental illness are from people like you, that try to pin PED on Silva when he was just cleared by USADA.
But I know you are a fuckhead who's only issue is being a blind GSP nuthugger... and with that, you feel you can lie to make a point... which of course you failed miserably.

And that is proven by your desperation in making such thread.

He wasn't cleared for his first test.

he clearly mentions 2. (and we both know that the first one was dick pills :) )

You said that, implying he shouldnt be tied with peds allegations :

"the only mental illness are from people like you, that try to pin PED on Silva when he was just cleared by USADA."

But clearly he should.

You said that, implying he shouldnt be tied with peds allegations :

"the only mental illness are from people like you, that try to pin PED on Silva when he was just cleared by USADA."

But clearly he should.
Sorry, but your bias for GSP (and hate for Silva) is well known.
So I will not enter the same old tired debate of you trying to bash on SIlva to somehow elevate GSP... We've been over it.

Sorry, but your bias for GSP (and hate for Silva) is well known.
So I will not enter the same old tired debate of you trying to bash on SIlva to somehow elevate GSP... We've been over it.

Ok Im glad that you admit that you were wrong and that the one you quoted rightfully labeled Silva as a cheater.

The fact that GSP has avenged both his losses is huge IMO, every single man he's fought he's beaten

Silva ducked Jon Jones algo then, using that logic. Sometimes fights just never happen, doesn't mean a fighter ducked another.

Nope, GSP ducked Silva hard. You cant try to say GSP is better than Silva when he spent years ducking him.

Ok Im glad that you admit that you were wrong and that the one you quoted rightfully labeled Silva as a cheater.
no, I just don't want to enter a debate with someone who is admittedly blind and biased such as you.
It is worthless because you don't care if what you say is right or wrong.
Your agenda is clear and you have no problem lying to achieve what you want.

Anderson’s prime consisted of a (UFC record) 17 fight win streak, 15 finishes (13 within 2 rounds), 10 title defenses, and 3 LHW KOs.

GSP’s prime consisted of 7 straight decisions (8/9 decisions) and tapping to strikes to a LW journeyman.

The difference is drinkability.

Anderson was confirmed to be greater than GSP by the people that matter, their peers. And it wasn’t close.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/your-fighter´s-goat.3730621/#post-139555015

Finishes > Decisions

Anderson > GSP

I think both fighters belong on the top 5 goat list, but knocking somebody out and controlling them for 25 minutes is imo equally impressive, but GSP's accomplishments outshine silva's imo.

1. GSP has 19 top 5 wins

2. Is a two division champion

3. Has avenged both of his losses in dominating fashion

4. Every fighter he has ever faced fought for a major organization and has a winning record.

GSP could come back, lose a fight. Get popped for PEDs outside of competition. Fight again, lose. Retire. All the while Silva wins the belt at 205... and GSP would arguably still be ranked above Silva.

That would make GSP 26-4, 2x div champ, 2 losses unavenged, 1 failed PED test.
And Silva 35-8, 2x div champ, 8 losses unavenged, 2 failed PED tests.

This just shows you how completely insane the current comparisons between the two are.

I agree that GSP has had the better career, but I'm going to start a thread with a poll to see what the rest of sherdog thinks.

no, I just don't want to enter a debate with someone who is admittedly blind and biased such as you.
It is worthless because you don't care if what you say is right or wrong.
Your agenda is clear and you have no problem lying to achieve what you want.

LOL Shaddows accusing someone of having an agenda. Comedy gold.

To me, these debates are kind of silly. How you rate the two of them depends largely on how you weight various criteria. If you value finishes, you prefer Silva. If you value strength of schedule, you likely prefer St. Pierre. There are a number of fighters who, in my opinion, deserve to be in the conversation about “GOAT”, and each person’s bias towards fighting style will inform their opinions on who belongs where.
In short, if people don’t agree on the value of various criteria, they’ll never agree on the “GOAT”.

LOL Shaddows accusing someone of having an agenda. Comedy gold.
and yet it is the reality at hand.

Keep trying. You have been exposed more times that I care to count.
The only issue here is you being so biased, that you refuse to go away.

To me, these debates are kind of silly. How you rate the two of them depends largely on how you weight various criteria. If you value finishes, you prefer Silva. If you value strength of schedule, you likely prefer St. Pierre. There are a number of fighters who, in my opinion, deserve to be in the conversation about “GOAT”, and each person’s bias towards fighting style will inform their opinions on who belongs where.
In short, if people don’t agree on the value of various criteria, they’ll never agree on the “GOAT”.

And everyone is a special snowflake.

If you value strength of opposition, win:loss/win rate %, losses avenged, multi-division championships, not testing positive for PEDs (twice) then your vote is for GSP.

If you value finish % your vote is for Silva.

Yeah... Condit has a higher finish rate, therefore he's greater than Silva then. I wasn't aware we were completely disregarding loses as well as PED busts when talking about GOATs.

Back