Something needs to be done about weight cutting

What the UFC needs is hydration testing. You should not be able to weigh in if you are dehydrated.

No they don't cut more. I wrestled for over 10 years, you are full of shit. These threads are always hilarious with huge amounts of ignorance and stupidity. People cut weight it's part of combat sports ya noobs.

stop crying i cant edit my post

also

high School != college

pink goof

Was watching this video of a Strongman trying a MMA workout with Lyman Good and Shane Burgos. And holy shit Burgos doesn't look like a featherweight at all. Guy looks bigger than Lyman, and Lyman is a WW for god sake. Time stamped but you can definitly see the size of him throughout the whole video

These new guys are cutting more and more weight as time goes by. Nowadays cutting 30 pounds is a normal cut. It's way too dangerous and we're not having the best fights because of it, how is someone supposed to perform at the best of their ability after such a big cut?

The UFC needs to control how much weight these guys cut. ONE already does it and it works like a peach

why does the ufc need to control anything.

No they don't cut more. I wrestled for over 10 years, you are full of shit. These threads are always hilarious with huge amounts of ignorance and stupidity. People cut weight it's part of combat sports ya noobs.

so alot of ncaa \guys who said they cut weight all the time to wrestle are lying.

That's the thing, man. There's no such thing as a "weight cut cheater" in the context you're using it. Because unless he uses diuretics (which the test for) or something like that, he follows the rules.

Volk weighted 166.5 for his UFC 232 fight (source). FlyW DJ weighted more than BW Cody at UFC 227 (source). Burgos is far from unique.

That's why the issue is considered "systemic". And why any fix would be necessitate a "systemic fix".

There is no good reason for someone that size to be fighting 145ers.

Weight cutting is brilliant if you think about it.

2 guys waste time they could use to recover or train, in order to lose the same amount of water and fight at the same weight too - both drained to the bone and thus in subpar shape.

Flavor of the week is judging bro.

The new unified rules need to become uniform, and commissions need to train "MMA judges".

Make it a rule fighters need to be a certain weight on fight night and if they are not, they surrender a huge chunk of their purse.

Something needs to be done but it's been going on for years and years unless you getting frequent people dieing from it wont take action.

When I saw this thread I thought you were gonna talk about the poor dudes that barely cut any weight and have to fight against cunts 15 or 20 pounds bigger than them.

But you for some reason are worried about the cunts cutting the 30 pounds.
Well i'm worried about both. One is undersized and the one is going through hell before even fighting. We can atleast both agree that the current situation is not ideal

Wrestlers cut more the same day and still performe well

stop crying
Stop crying? People have dieded cutting weight m8. If they cut less it also gives us better fights since they're not depleted. How tf is that a bad thing?

Also false. Wrestlers dont cut more the same day

they ain't gonna do shit unless these guys start dropping like pigeons due to weight cuts

Stop crying? People have dieded cutting weight m8. If they cut less it also gives us better fights since they're not depleted. How tf is that a bad thing?

Also false. Wrestlers dont cut more the same day

one of my Friends lost 20 lbs in ca. 2-3 days

with shit ton of roids and other peds, good nutritionist … 30 lbs same day with ez.

I've been saying Burgos is a weight-cutting cheater for awhile now. Fight someone your own size for Christ's sake.
If he is making weight under the rules then he isnt cheating.

one of my Friends lost 20 lbs in ca. 2-3 days

with shit ton of roids and other peds, good nutritionist … 30 lbs same day with ez.
I just said 30 pounds as an exemple. A lot of guys cut even more than that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back