Something missing from the old days that you would like to see?

No more judges, you finish your opponent to win, anything else is a draw.
No more bullshit decisions, but pure MMA, as it should be.

The EliteXC dragon.

dragon.gif

...and the Strikeforce meat puppets.

meatpuppet.gif

yes, and the NBA should return to the good ole' days when it was a bunch of 5'9 white guys.

fuck my life.

Ring, soccer kicks, stomps, knees on ground, top notch production, grand prix tournaments, great fight roster in Japan.

Soccer kicks. In Pride FC and ONE FC you know that it is a real fight. No mercy, just fight.

16 man tournaments, Epic entrances (PRIDE style), Openweight fights, and cross promotion shit, I mean where's our Bellator/One FC/WSOF fights we were supposed to get? Haha

Oh and UFC champions with personality, I mean you got Jones and Pettis but that's about it

more one night tournaments.

Cause one night tournaments are better than sliced bread.

Back in the day fighters were like characters from a video game...No one was really all out great in all aspects, so fights were real interesting or real boring when fighters with different backgrounds or the same fought...Alot of different cultures as well...

When things got popular,,,MMA was broken down into a science...every aspect analyzed, from weight cutting, diet, to how to play into the games point system.Especially the pride days, 4 hour ppv mma on Sunday nights, quiet crowds, with an awesome combo of fighters, rules, and presentation...at the time the were miles ahead of ufc ppvs of 3 hours and horrible presentation,,,in between fights was the worse, they would never show under card fights, same promo over and over..u got the 4 main fights and thats it....maybe 1 under card if things went super fast but rare, good thing though it was easy to get free ppv on cable boxes then...

Yeah, basically Pride.. lol

Awesome walk outs/intro's(with the crazy announcer lady), no weight limit or catchweight fights(like Genki Sudo vs Butterbean, Fedor vs Hong Man Choi etc etc), soccer kicks, knees on the ground, groin shots(early UFC) or basically ANY strike, no gloves/barefisted(vale tudo?), and of course, tournaments where they fight 2-3 times in one night. I also miss fighters having their own styles, rather than them all having 'generic' MMA all rounder styles..(ie MT/Kickboxing with wrestling and BJJ, which everyone seems to have/be doing these days). I wanna see pure strikers, pure grapplers, pure BJJ guys(like Royce Gracie). Bring in some pure boxers from boxing/kickboxing, bring in some pure wrestlers(like olympic wrestlers, pure TKD guys(from olympics), etc etc.

EDIT: oh yeah. Genki Sudo. I miss Genki Sudo. There's simply no one like him these days. From his entrances to the way he fights, to his 'peaceful fighter' philosophy(we are all one and holding up the UN flag etc). How can you NOT like/miss him?

Back