Something missing from the old days that you would like to see?

mime

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
For me I would like to see some promotion put on a tournament of guys from different disciplines with no MMA fights fighting so you would have that feeling of having no idea what would happen.

Like the old UFC days where they invited random guys based on reputation from different places, like a boxer vs a kickboxer maybe, an arm-wrestling champ vs some random tough guy like a Gary Goodridge. The more random the better.

Probably hard because a lot of people cross train now but I man I miss the old UFC and even Pride where some random guy would come in and become a star by wrecking people.

Tough guys with a never say die attitude,

we don't have that now

just a lot of pampered fighters

who wine on twitter non stop

Tough guys with a never say die attitude,

we don't have that now

just a lot of pampered fighters

who wine on twitter non stop

another thing I would add is there is also a lot of point fighting going on now. I would like to see some org have all fights without a finish be a draw like they did in the old days. I know this wouldn't work in the UFC because you need to have a winner and champion but in some smaller org where the belts don't matter, why not have it where the guys just try to finish each other.

another thing I would add is there is also a lot of point fighting going on now. I would like to see some org have all fights without a finish be a draw like they did in the old days. I know this wouldn't work in the UFC because you need to have a winner and champion but in some smaller org where the belts don't matter, why not have it where the guys just try to finish each other.

wouldn't that just lead to the guy who was behind trying to stall?

ZST does that on a bunch of their events.

For me I would like to see some promotion put on a tournament of guys from different disciplines with no MMA fights fighting so you would have that feeling of having no idea what would happen.

Like the old UFC days where they invited random guys based on reputation from different places, like a boxer vs a kickboxer maybe, an arm-wrestling champ vs some random tough guy like a Gary Goodridge. The more random the better.

Probably hard because a lot of people cross train now but I man I miss the old UFC and even Pride where some random guy would come in and become a star by wrecking people.

yea i thought about this taking top guys from each discipline that never trained mma give them two months too train then have them fight I think that would show what style translates the best

what i miss the most is gran prix

ufc should have one tournament a year in a different weight class each fight being 5 rounds and in this gran prix the champion defends the title in each round

Champions fighting 3 or 4 times a year with one or two easier fights.

Open weight fights/tournaments, tournaments, 'style vs style ' fights, freak shows, no HW limit, roided HW's, Igor Vovchanchyn.

I miss the promotion & personalities of guys on display. No one has the charisma of the guys in pride or the early UFC's.....maybe they do but we certainly never see it, cards are just being pumped one after another, there are too many weight classes I am not interested in and too many fighters to keep track of.

Pride walk outs were also the best. UFC walk outs are so tacky, generally some douch bag song with a guy walking out with a soon to be UFC reebok t-shirt.

Open weight fights/tournaments, tournaments, 'style vs style ' fights, freak shows, no HW limit, roided HW's, Igor Vovchanchyn.

I miss the promotion & personalities of guys on display. No one has the charisma of the guys in pride or the early UFC's.....maybe they do but we certainly never see it, cards are just being pumped one after another, there are too many weight classes I am not interested in and too many fighters to keep track of.

Pride walk outs were also the best. UFC walk outs are so tacky, generally some douch bag song with a guy walking out with a soon to be UFC reebok t-shirt.

because u dont have time to push events. Then after a big event the fans forget about the guys who looked great because there's a card every week. Also the ufc taking their talent pool from the same gyms who recruit the same guys. I dont like the direction the ufc is pushing the sport. Thats why I dont get the connor haters exciting fighting style cool personality.

Back